Welcome New and Returning Students
The entire University has been busy this summer preparing to welcome our students to campus this fall. We’re excited to welcome you! Whether you’re a first-year student gearing up for classes, or a returning student eager to catch up with friends and faculty, we’re looking forward to seeing you.
Below are a few of the preparations we have been putting in place.
This fall we will be offering several new majors:
If you would like to learn more, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flyer Success Academic Advising
Lewis is implementing the Flyer Success Network, a collaborative advising model, this fall. Success coaches will work with students and advisors to improve retention and success. The offices are located on the 3rd floor of the LRC, home to the Center for Academic Success and Enrichment.
Canine Comfort Dog Joins Campus
Jet, our new canine comfort dog for students, faculty and staff, was sworn in on June 20 and became an official part of LUPD.
TimelyCare 24/7 Virtual Wellness Platform
Lewis University now partners with TimelyCare, a Telehealth Services provider, for 24/7 access to medical, mental health and wellbeing services offered by phone or video to augment the services of the Student Wellness Center. TimelyCare offers access to virtual health care for students from anywhere in the U.S.
Sodexo Announces New Dining Options on the “Everyday” App
Sodexo offers a number of meal plans on their app for students, faculty and staff. For further dining information visit https://lewisu.edu/sodexo
- De La Salle Hall – Classrooms have been modified for specializations in Pre – K, English, and Communications including Broadcasting.
- St. Charles Borromeo now includes a Finance trading computer lab.
Parking permits for the 2023-24 academic year are available through Permit Express. All motor vehicles parked on campus require a valid permit after August 28, 2023. All parking permits are free of charge.
- North Hall will conclude its final year of renovations this fall. The work was completed in three phases over the course of three years. The remodel includes updated bathrooms in each suite, the installation of electronic keycard access for each suite, updates to the common use kitchen located on the second floor, updated lounges, including new lounge furniture, and improvements to the HVAC system.
- There’s a new lighted sidewalk next to the North Hall parking lot. A great safety feature for the traffic around the curve there.
- Oremus Tennis Courts have been re-surfaced.
- The underground pipeline project will be complete this fall.
- The Oak Brook lounge is being remodeled to provide a new gathering space for students taking classes at that location.
Welcome Flyers. Make it a great year!