Submitting Copy for Designers
When preparing text for designers, please consider the following guidelines:
- Submit final approved copy using the online Graphic Design Request Work Order at www.lewisu.edu/DesignWorkOrder. Acceptable formats are Microsoft® Word.
- Make sure there are no double spaces after punctuation marks or anywhere else.
- Label captions and copy that will be called out from the text.
- Spellcheck all text.
- You will have a chance to review two proofs of your project before going to print.
- Remember: All materials produced in collaboration with outside vendors must be directed to the Office of Marketing and Communications for bid requests, editorial review, production requirements and design approval.
Web Content Guidelines
Ideal Web copy is short and precise!. Every effort should be made to make certain the information is current and has final approval. Published material should be free of grammatical errors.
Departments and individuals submitting pages are responsible for compliance with copyright and trademark regulations. All material on the World Wide Web is assumed to be copyrighted or trademarked unless a waiver is expressly stated.
- Units and official members of the Lewis University community must request publishing of revised pages and new material to their Web pages by contacting the University Webmaster.
- The request must also include:
- The URL (web address) of the page to be modified
- The person who is responsible for updating and maintaining the page with accurate and current information
- The date of the last update
Marketing and Communications will approve use of the University logo and seal.