Tuition Exchange Programs
The University’s Human Resources policies on Tuition Benefits (#3.1020) and Tuition Exchange Benefits (#3.1030) apply to participation in each of the three tuition exchange programs to which the University belongs. Each exchange has its own participation and exchange requirements.
- The Tuition Exchange, Inc.
Membership: 750+ colleges and universities
- This is the most restrictive of the tuition exchange programs -> member institutions must maintain a one-on-one balance of export/import.
- Because our participation is limited by the number of imports we attract and retain, an internal application deadline of October 1 and years of service are used to determine eligibility.
- There is a $45 application fee for active participating student each year.
- The Council of Independent Colleges Tuition Exchange Program
Membership: over 440 colleges and universities
- A participating institution is required to import three new students each year-> maximum of 12 students over a four-year period.
- There is no limit to the number of students we can export, as participation is reliant upon the host institution’s acceptance of a Lewis applicant.
- There is no application fee.
- Catholic College Cooperative Tuition Exchange
Membership: 71 Catholic colleges and universities (more than half also in CIC-TEP)
- No participating institutions may import more than 5 students per academic year over the number of students it exports to other institutions.
- There is no limit on the number of students exported in a given academic year, as participation is reliant upon the host institution's acceptance of a Lewis applicant.
- There is no fee for application.