Funding Option A: Off-Campus Conferences and Workshops
The University Faculty Development Fund provides financial assistance for faculty who wish to attend a conference or workshop having a discipline-specific focus or one that is devoted to pedagogical issues in teaching and learning.
Each faculty member is able to receive funding for conferences and workshops from the University Faculty Development Committee. Faculty may apply for funding after a conference has already taken place; however, there is no guarantee that funding will be approved.
The intent of this funding is to support the professional development needs of individual faculty members.
When 2 or more faculty members are applying for funding to the same conference, the Faculty Development Committee will restrict its funding to two individuals applying for conference attendance. If a faculty member is a presenter, panelist or presenting a poster session, the application would not fall under this restriction.
The University Faculty Development Committee considers the degree of participation in the conference in its awarding of funding.
- Presenter: Support is provided up to $2000 per academic year for full time faculty and $1000 for half time faculty who are:
- presenting a session
- presenting a poster
- part of a panel presentation
at a conference in which their session proposal has been accepted through a peer-review process at an international, national, regional, state or local conference or as an invited presenter whose expenses have not been paid by the conference, or
- officers of an international or national organization
- member of an international or national conference committee
- Attendee: Support is provided up to $600 for full time faculty and $300 for half time faculty per academic year for those who wish to attend an international, national, regional, state or local conference without having an active role as a presenter. Faculty who function as a session moderator will be funded at the Attendee level.
We will divide our budget in half and allocate that for two funding periods.
- Funding period 1 = $45,000 for the months of August – January.
- Funding period 2 = $30,000 for the months of February – July.
- Guidelines: You apply during the period that your conference is held (i.e., an October conference would be applied for in Funding period 1). Specific dates will be determine when the application site opens.
- This is a change from previous years where applications were submitted in August for Spring Semester conferences.
- Any ‘leftover’ budget will be carried forward to the next round.
For reimbursement of an approved Application A, please complete the attached forms and submit with original receipts. Individuals who receive funding from the “presenter” category must provide evidence of presentation or participation as an officer/conference committee member such as a letter of presentation acceptance or a page from the conference program.
Form A >>