TELEHEALTH SERVICES WITH TIMELYCARE
The Student Wellness Center is committed to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of students by providing accessible, high-quality, and culturally affirming mental health services. With this commitment in mind, Lewis is providing access to TimelyCare, a leading telehealth company specializing in serving the needs of university students through its network of licensed providers.
TimelyCare services are designed to complement the in-person and virtual services offered through the Lewis University Student Wellness Center. The Student Wellness Center will continue to offer comprehensive on-campus services, such as individual and group counseling services, consultation, and outreach education. By offering TimelyCare as an additional option for our students, we are able to increase access to care, while lowering barriers to seeking help.
On-demand and scheduled services are available to enhance students’ access to additional mental health and wellbeing care, support, and resources.
- Scheduled Counseling: Virtual individual counseling sessions with a licensed mental health provider. Each registered and enrolled student can receive up to 12 free individual sessions per year.
- Scheduled Medical/Health Services: Select the day, time, and medical provider of your choice for health care support for common concerns.
- TalkNow on-demand service: TalkNow allows students to connect with a mental health professional any time of day, either by phone or video. Students can use TalkNow to discuss any concern, whether it be a conflict with roommates, academic pressures, or mental health crises. The staff are trained to work with any level of concern and are available to assist 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Health-Coaching: Students can meet with a trained Health Coach for 30-minute sessions to develop healthy lifestyle behaviors for countless well-being topics, including nutrition, sleep habits, time management, and mindfulness.
- Scheduled Psychiatric Care: Students can access psychiatric visits through a referral from a Student Wellness Center or a TimelyCare clinician, if clinically helpful and appropriate. The TimelyCare treatment team will assess the frequency and number of sessions in a year, and they are happy to discuss a tailored treatment plan.
- Self-Care Content: Mindful meditation, yoga sessions, and group conversations with our providers on a variety of health and well-being topics. Information and resources on Explore Tab in app.
- Peer Community: 24/7 online forum to give and receive support from other TimelyCare students from across the nation. Access is available on app in Community Tab.
Frequently Asked Questions