Frequently Asked Questions
What is TimelyCare?
- TimelyCare is a leading telehealth company specializing in higher education. Lewis University has made TimelyCare’s virtual health services available 24/7, 365 days a year. Licensed providers help students address common conditions that can be safely treated remotely. TimelyCare offers on-demand and scheduled services to enhance students’ access to mental health support and gives students a greater variety of options, with ease of scheduling the time and modality that best fits their needs.
Who can use TimelyCare?
- Registered and enrolled students can use TimelyCare. Scheduled counseling is available wherever you are in the US, and Health Coaching and TalkNow and Medical Now urgent care services are available 24/7, wherever you are around the world. Additionally, TimelyCare provides live translation for over 250 languages. This is helpful for students studying abroad or traveling to another country and for international students traveling or returning home between semesters.
What services are available?
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors. This can be a supplement to therapy, or standalone. Service is offered unlimited to students.
- MedicalNow: 24/7, on-demand health care for common issues including cold, flu, and allergies.
- Scheduled Counseling: Choose the day, time (including later evenings and weekend availability), and mental health provider that works best for you. Students can look through the bios, specializations, and identities of the providers to find a match a good match. Over one half of the TimelyCare providers hold a BIPOC identity. All their providers have training in the diverse needs of college students. This service is best for students seeking ongoing counseling services over multiple appointments, which last approximately 50 minutes each. Sessions can extend to 12 appointments over the course of the calendar year, which resets each fall. Students do not typically engage in concurrent individual therapy with a provider at the Student Wellness Center and scheduled (on-going) therapy through Timely Care. Coordination of care however for transitioning to both providers and urgent care/crisis needs are available at both Student Wellness Center and TalkNow.
- Scheduled Medical/Health Services: Select the day, time, and medical provider of your choice for health care support for common concerns.
- Scheduled Psychiatric Care: Students can access psychiatric visits through a referral from a Student Wellness Center or a TimelyCare clinician, if clinically helpful and appropriate. The TimelyCare treatment team will assess the frequency and number of sessions in a year, and they are happy to discuss a tailored treatment plan.
- Health Coaching: Develop healthy lifestyle behaviors for nutrition, sleep habits, time management, and mindfulness. This can be a supplement to therapy, or standalone as well. It is unlimited.
- Self-Care: Visit the Explore page within TimelyCare for guided self-care support and wellness content.
TalkNow and MedicalNow offer both video and phone services. If you are in a crisis and haven’t downloaded the TimelyCare app. Students can also call the Student Wellness Center 815-836-5455 during business hours, 8:30 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday or walk-in for an urgent care appointment. Eligible students also have access to TimelyCare’s on-demand service, TalkNow. TalkNow is available 24/7 and connects students with a mental health professional. The staff are trained to work with any level of concern. For more information, visit the Timely Care page.
TimelyCare provides a dedicated 24/7 phone line (833) 4-TIMELY or (833-484-6359) for faculty and staff to reach the TimelyCare team for guidance and support in cases of student distress, especially after hours and/or over the weekends.
How do I login?
- Go to www.timelycare.com/lewisu or download the TimelyCare app to access care. Use your Lewis University email to sign on to log in.
How much does a visit cost?
- There is no cost to enroll in TimelyCare or to receive services. Lewis University has a nominal semester charge of $40 to support all Student Wellness Center services, resources and programming that is on your tuition bill. Health insurance is not utilized or billed for any services in the Student Wellness Center, nor will there be charges.
Can the Student Wellness Fee be waived or can I opt out of this?
- No, it will not be waived or reduced. Lewis University provides 24/7 health and mental wellbeing support services to ALL students while they are registered and enrolled. This nominal fee each semester supports this comprehensive – unlimited medical, health coaching, urgent care support for both emotional and physical stresses, counseling services, self-help resources, and a prescription discount card. Having these services available to students, reduces barriers to access at time-of-need, no co-pays or other charges will be made and insurance is never billed. Students are not required to participate in services but are encouraged to as they are required to pay the fee each semester. If you would like to learn about the services and resources available to you, please contact the Student Wellness Center 815-836-5455.
How does TimelyCare benefit me if I already have health insurance?
- With TimelyCare, you will have free, 24/7 access to providers from anywhere in the United States. You will not be asked for your insurance information. So, you’ll never have to spend time or money looking for care, whether you’re on or off campus. This is meant to reduce barriers to receiving care. If there is a concern that is more severe, chronic or a student may benefit from a specialist, TimelyCare and Student Wellness Center medical and mental health providers may refer to additional services that can be accessed and paid for through your health insurance – i.e., additional lab testing or treatment programs.
What about my privacy?
- TimelyCare values the privacy of its student clients and respects the confidentiality of personal health information. Policies and procedures are put into place that limit disclosure of personal information to only those that the patient has given permission, and/or those required by law or public safety to ensure privacy is protected. Student Wellness Center clinicians do have access to TimelyCare documentation for services for care coordination as needed. A release of information form would be completed for more formal care coordination collaboration between practitioners and to bring documentation into Student Wellness electronic file.
What can I be treated for?
- TimelyCare’s providers can offer support for a wide range of common illnesses, stressors, and mental health concerns, and after talking with you, will together decide on the best course of treatment.
Can I download the app, even if I don’t need to use it currently?
- Yes, downloading the app is encouraged. Registration is simple and then you will be ready to use it and access services quickly when needed. It only takes a few minutes to download the app and register. For questions about the services call 833-4-Timely or the Student Wellness Center 815-836-5455.
Where can I go to fill or re-fill a prescription?
TimelyCare offers a prescription discount card that will be accepted at more than 65,000 pharmacies nationwide. Savings average 65%, with potential savings of up to 80% (based on 2020 national program savings data). All prescription medications are eligible for savings. The prescription card is located on the app under the Explore tab. These pharmacies are located near Lewis University’s main campus in Romeoville, IL.
Urgent Care & Emergencies
Students are also encouraged to consult with Student Wellness Center Health Services staff if needed 815-836-5455.
Is there support for faculty or staff?
Faculty and staff are often the first line of support for students who can benefit from care. Faculty and staff can encourage students to seek support at the Student Wellness Center to connect to TimelyCare (www.timelycare.com/lewisu or download the TimelyCare app on a compatible mobile device and login using their official university email and password.
During business hours, the Student Wellness Center staff (815-836-5455) are available to provide guidance and consultation to consult Lewis University faculty and staff who have concerns about our students, just as we have been. The services available through TimelyCare are designed to expand and enhance our traditional services but might be particularly useful for faculty and staff who may need support outside of our traditional office hours, in the evening and on weekends, please call (833) 4-TIMELY or (833-484-6359) for guidance, consultation or support. Providers will recommend and refer to university resources as well if needed.
If a student is at imminent risk or there is a serious safety concern, please call 911 or Lewis University Police Department 815-836-5911.
Referring a student to the Student Wellness Center or TimelyCare telehealth may be helpful if a student for these observed behaviors:
- Shows physical and psychological signs of distress.
- Is identified by peers as potentially needing support.
- Refers to self-harm. Isolating oneself from peers, faculty, or staff.
- Shows academic signs of distress.
- Discloses problems with family, peers, a significant other, or a recent personal loss.
Faculty and staff are also encouraged to complete the Assessment and Care Team Person of Concern Form and the Dean of Students Office will ensure follow-up support as well with other campus resources if helpful and needed.
For faculty and staff seeking direct services for themselves, Perspectives is an employee assistance program. Information about accessing service and resources is on MyLewis portal Human Resources section under Benefits. If faculty and staff are insured through Christian Brothers, there is a TelaDoc app for 24/7 access to physicians and mental health providers. Visit myCBS.org for more information.
TimelyCare questions and concerns can also be directed to the Student Wellness Center at 815-836-5455 or the Dean of Students Office at 815-836-5275.