Immunization Requirements for College Attendance
WELCOME TO LEWIS UNIVERSITY!
The State of Illinois College Student Immunization Act (110-ILCS 20) requires ALL students enrolled in six (6) or more credit hours per semester (on the main campus), to provide written evidence of current immune status with respect to certain communicable diseases.
Please review ALL information on this page very carefully, as there have been recent updates to the immunization submission process. The immunization requirements are for general university attendance and are separate from any athletic or academic program requirements.
IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR COLLEGE ATTENDANCE
- Measles - Mumps - Rubella (MMR) - Two doses of MMR vaccine administered on or after the first birthday and at least 28 days apart OR positive antibody titers indicating immunity to all three diseases.
- Diphtheria - Tetanus - Pertussis - Any combination of 3 or more doses of DTP, DTaP, DT, Td, or Tdap. The last dose of vaccine must have been received within the past 10 years. One dose must be a Tdap vaccine.
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV4) – Students 21 years old and younger must show proof of receiving one dose of MCV4 vaccine on or after their 16th birthday. If received before the age of 16, a booster dose is required. The MCV4 vaccine covers meningococcal serogroups A, C, W, Y. The Meningitis B vaccine does not fulfill this requirement.
IMMUNIZATION COMPLIANCE DEADLINE
Fall semester: September 1st
Spring semester: February 1st
Students who have not submitted proof of all required immunizations by the compliance deadline will have a registration hold placed on their student account, which will prevent any future class registration or schedule changes. The hold cannot be removed until ALL requirements have been met.
All records must be legible and include student’s full name and date of birth. Acceptable immunization records include:
- Records from your high school or other educational institution
- Records from your health care provider’s office
- Records from your patient portal (My Chart), which may be accessed through your health care organization
- Records from your State’s Immunization Information System (IIS) Contacts for IIS Records
- Military records – You may submit your military vaccination records which may be accessible through one of the following sites.
If you are unable to obtain your immunization records using the above recommendations, please contact Health Services Immunization Compliance Helpline (815-836-5714) to speak with a Health Services staff member regarding additional options to become compliant.
IMMUNIZATION SUBMISSION PROCESS FOR new students
Lewis University has partnered with Med+Proctor for immunization record verification. Please carefully review the information below.
ONCE YOU RECEIVE A WELCOME EMAIL FROM MEDPROCTOR, REGISTER FOR YOUR NEW ACCOUNT USING THESE STEPS:
- Register for your new Med+Proctor account by visiting http://www.medproctor.com
- Use your Lewis University email address and myLewis credentials to create your account.
- Complete your Lewis University Med+Proctor profile.
- Upload your immunization records to your Med+Proctor account for compliance verification.
- If you do not have your immunization records, download and print the Immunization History Form. Have your medical provider complete and sign the form. Upload the completed form to your Med+Proctor account.
- Once your immunization records are uploaded to your Med+Proctor account, they will be reviewed for compliance. You will be notified by Med+Proctor if any requirements are missing, so it is very important that you check your Lewis U student email account for communications from Med+Proctor.
*Please note, there is no charge for the standard immunization verification process with Med+Proctor. Free processing time for record review is between 24 and 72 hours. There is an optional $10 fee for expedited processing. The optional $10 fee also allows for lifetime access to your immunization records from Med+Proctor. If you are submitting records prior to the immunization compliance deadline, the expedited review is not necessary.
Live chat assistance is available at https://www.medproctor.com/ 9 am to 5pm central time. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the frequently asked questions at https://support.medproctor.com/ . For trouble accessing your account or other IT issues please email SDticket@lewisu.edu.
You can contact Lewis University Immunization Compliance Helpline 815-836-5714 with your immunization-related questions.
In addition to providing the required immunization records described above, all international students must complete the screening/testing process for Tuberculosis.
Newly registered international students should proceed to https://www.medproctor.com/ to complete the TB screening process. Tuberculosis test results should be uploaded to Med+Proctor. Please follow the instructions above to sign up for Med+Proctor.
COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION
Lewis University strongly recommends that all members of the Lewis community be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations.
Resident students are encouraged to upload their COVID-19 vaccine records to www.medproctor.com along with their required immunizations prior to moving into their residence hall.
Questions regarding the immunization requirements or submission process? Contact the Lewis University Immunization Compliance Helpline (815) 836-5714 to schedule an immunization consult appointment.