International Student Insurance
As part of this relationship with you as a full-time international student or scholar, we facilitate the mandatory health insurance program provided to you through LewerMark.
This plan provides the International Student Support Program which is designed to help you face the challenges of balancing school, adjusting to a new culture and adapting to other responsibilities. As a part of the circle of care provided by your Lewis community, you will have access to the Student Wellness Center on campus as well as LewerMark’s TELEDOC service. One of the many services provided under the program, Teledoc provides you with unique 24/7/365 access to U.S. board-certified doctors by phone, the web or phone app in minutes.
I ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE; HOW CAN I WAIVE OUT OF THE LEWERMARK PLAN?
Waiver of the mandatory insurance plan is subject for approval by LewerMark. The deadline to submit the waiver form is 10-15 days after the set in-person F1 Visa Mandatory Information Session. Please make sure to confirm this information with firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can waive out of the LewerMark plan if you meet one of the two requirements below:
- Your parent/spouse is employed by a United States based company that provides Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant coverage that you are covered under.
- You arrived in the United States with health insurance because you participate in a government exchange student program, such as SACM.
The following will not be accepted:
- A plan provided in your home country
- An emergency-based plan
- A travel plan
If you wish to waive out from the insurance, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the set deadline of the ISGSS office, and include the following:
- Full policy in English
- Proof of coverage
- Signed waiver form
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR LEWERMARK INSURANCE CARD / INFORMATION
Step 1: Go to http://lewermark.com/student-login/
Step 2: Type in your username and password
- Your username is your Lewis ID Number.
- You should change the L to 0.
- If your Lewis ID number is L1234567, then your username should be 01234567.
- Your password is your date of birth in MMDDYYYY format.
Step 3: Once you have logged in, click on the top left button to access your online ID card and other information you may need.
NOTE: Lewis University or LewerMark will not send you a physical ID card. You are responsible to log into your account and download or print a copy of your ID card. If you are having trouble accessing your account, please contact LewerMark directly.
INSURANCE COVERAGE DATES
Spring term: January 1 to May 31
Fall term: August 1 to December 31
- New students (required): May 1 to July 31
- Continuing students (optional but recommended): June 1 to July 31
- An email from email@example.com will be sent to all continuing students before the Spring semester ends if they wish to sign up for the optional Summer insurance plan.
INSURANCE WHILE ON OPT
If you recently graduated from Lewis University, you are NOT eligible for continued coverage. Please take a look at this link for more options on your insurance coverage: https://lewerglobal.com/opt-stem-student/
LEWERMARK CONTACT INFORMATION
For questions regarding benefits or claims status, contact: