I-20 Request Form for Continuing/ Returning Student
DO NOT USE THIS FORM FOR CPT OR OPT REQUESTS
Continuing or returning F1 Visa Students can use this form for any of the following purposes:
- Need a new copy of your SEVIS I-20
- Update your program of study or CIP code
- Travel preparation:
- Before requesting an I-20 for travel make sure to check your current I-20 copy:
- The 1st page of your current I-20 on the Form Issue Reason should state “continued
- The 2nd page of your current I-20 may already have a travel signature. The signature is valid for 1 year. You do not need additional signature if the current one is still valid.
- Have been out of the US for more than 5 months and need a new I-20 to re-enter the US.
- Need to regain F-1 status through reinstatement
Please note: As per the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) policy guidance,
electronically issued I-20s are now official and valid.
Request for updated I-20 form: