Forms for International Students
Reduced Course Load (RCL)
This form must be approved by the ISGSS Director/PDSO through SEVIS before you can drop to a less than full-time load. Students failing to request & obtain advance approval of a reduced course load will be considered “out of status” by the USCIS.
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION:
Undergraduates: End of the first week of semester
Graduates: End of the first week of 2nd session
An international student in F-1 status must always maintain accurate academic information in their SEVIS record and on their Form I-20. If you find that you will not complete your academic program requirements by the end date listed on your I-20, you must request a program extension with the Office of International Students and Global Scholars Services.
Program Extension Form
You may be eligible to extend your program if ALL of the following criteria are met:
- The delay was caused by documented academic or medical circumstances.
- You have sufficient financial resources to fund your studies and living expenses.
- The extension is requested in a timely manner, with sufficient time for processing before the current document expiration.
If your program end date has passed or you do not meet the eligibility requirements to apply for a program extension, you must file for reinstatement to F‐1 status with USCIS, for which you will have to pay a substantial fee. Failure to apply for an extension of stay in a timely manner is a violation of F-1 visa regulations, which can carry heavy penalties.
The following are not valid reasons for I‐20 extensions:
- To enroll in extra courses or repeat the same course for personal interest or to improve GPA requirements.
- To engage in additional or optional research on or off‐campus.
- To finish pending coursework for an incomplete grade.
- To engage in non‐required Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Academic Training (AT).
- To enroll in course work delayed by participation in non‐required CPT/AT.
- Personal preference or personal reasons,
- Completed and approved program extension form
- Most recent bank statement
- Financial Affidavit of Support Form (you may access the form below)
Financial Affidavit of Support