What Lewis Offers Adults
Lewis University has a long and successful history in serving adult students in the Chicagoland area. Approximately 33% of the total undergraduate student population are adult students who balance work, family responsibilities, and community commitments while attending classes and keeping up with course work. By enrolling in Lewis University programs, Presence employees have several options to choose from to best match their learning style and busy schedules.
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs for working adults which are taught in face-to-face format during eight-week sessions during the day and evening;
- Blended courses which are a combination of traditional classroom sessions and online learning;
- Online degree programs and courses which are taught completely over the Internet;
- Professional development seminars offered on weekends;
- Convenient locations in Romeoville and Oak
- Ongoing enrollment periods throughout the calendar year. For example, we offer 9 accelerated course sessions over the 12-month calendar year.
In addition to a variety of delivery options, Lewis University also provides many academic support services including: academic advising, library services, career services, computing labs, and academic support services to help adult students succeed academically.
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) provides adult students with several non-traditional alternatives for earning college credit for prior learning experiences through proficiency examinations, transcript evaluation, and the development of a prior learning portfolio. Through PLA, Lewis University provides a means through which college-level learning acquired outside the formal college classroom can be documented and evaluated for college credit. For additional information about Prior Learning Assessment, contact the School of Graduate, Professional & Continuing Education at (815) 815-5570 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lewis University faculty facilitate the learning of adults by providing a rich blend of academic knowledge in their field of study with practical and professional experience. Dedicated staff, many of whom have been adult college students themselves, provide the best service and support to help adult students achieve their professional and personal goals.