You are eligible for a scholarship if you meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated proficiency in a content area (select one)
Junior or senior standing in a selected content area or recent graduate with a degree in a STEM field.
U.S. Citizenship or application to become a U.S. Citizen.
- Math – completed 15 hours of required classes
- Biology - completed 24 hours of required classes
- Chemistry - completed 14 hours of required classes
- Physics - completed 22 hours of required classes
To become a Noyce Scholar:
- Apply and be admitted to Lewis University and the College of Education and Social Sciences.
- Scholarship Application form
- Official transcripts
- Completed FAFSA form
- A personal essay (500-1500 words) discussing the following:
- Describe an important experience from your personal education and discuss how this experience will inform your work as a teacher.
- What interests you in teaching in a high- needs school district? How will you contribute in a positive way to the school environment?
- What personal goals do you hope to accomplish by becoming a Robert Noyce Grant Scholar?
- Two letters of recommendation on the appropriate Department of Education recommendation form.
Send completed materials to:
College of Education and Social Sciences
Education Department Box #224
Robert Noyce Grant
One University Parkway
Romeoville, IL 60446