Lewis University Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, and Staff may create requests for Blackboard using the University Service Desk system. To make a request, log in to the service desk and select ‘Blackboard’ as the first request type and ‘Bb Course Requests’ in the second request type. In the third request type, select the type that best fits your need. In the Request Details field, please provide information about the course/s. If you need assistance creating a Blackboard request, please call the service desk at 815-836-5950 or email your request to email@example.com .
Blackboard Course Request Type Details:
- Ally: If you would like to request an appointment with a Faculty Center staff member concerning the accessibility of your online content, select this request type. Include the best method to contact you and the course you are requesting assistance with.
- Course Rollovers: Request Blackboard content from a master course shell, department course shell or another course shell. Course codes for where the content is coming from (source) and going (destination) should be entered in this format: Semester-Course Code-Course Number – Section number (i.e.: FA25-COMM-112000-200 or MSTR_LU_O_COMM112)
- If a course copy request is submitted by an individual who was not the original instructor/developer, we require written approval from the original instructor or the Department Chair/Dean.
- Instructors can roll over content from a previous semester course following these steps in Original or Ultra.
- Content from an original course can be copied into an Ultra class but Ultra materials can not be copied into original courses.
- Course Roster Update: Instructors can only be added to a Blackboard shell through Banner. Please contact your department if you need an instructor added to a course. Only faculty, adjunct faculty, and Graduate Assistants may be added to undergraduate courses in Blackboard as Teaching Assistants. Only faculty and adjunct faculty can be made Teaching Assistants in graduate courses.
- Course/Organization Shell Request: Include the name for the new Organization, the duration for the organization, whether guests should be permitted, Leader information, and the information for the person who will be adding members to the organization. This request type can be used for other types of course requests you may have. Merging courses must be done through the course scheduling process in the Registrars and Deans offices.
- Other- BB Course Requests and Ultra Migration: Request one or more of your courses be converted to Ultra in a sandbox or development shell that is not available to students. Include the full Blackboard course ID of the course you wish to have migrated. Indicate what type of Ultra course you would like for your migration:
- Module Only Template- Choose from the 8- or 16-week template containing empty modules. You can copy in materials from original and then drag and drop to the appropriate module. Weeks can be renamed to units, modules, etc. No contents inside of module. Instructor populates or copies all materials and order inside of the module for each week.
- Formatted Modules Template- A module format with suggested pre-structured items and folder that the instructor can edit and populate with their contents. This template will help you re-build or re-design your course. Template contains weekly overview, objectives, to do list, instructional materials and assignments folders.
- Blank Ultra Course- This type of shell will allow you to copy in materials from an original course or other Ultra courses. Select this type of course if the course is face to face or is highly structured in the original format. The Ultra Course will have a “Get Started” default message and instructors can select copy content wherever the plus symbol appears.