Community Engaged Learning Facilitator (CELF) Program
The Community Engaged Learning Facilitator (CELF) Program is a student leadership opportunity for individuals interested in community engagement and collaborating to create community change. CELFs act as a liaison and resource to campus and community partners.
- Training and supporting CELFs to develop their leadership skills;
- Assisting faculty members to implement best practices in their community engaged learning courses;
- Supporting community partners to help ensure partnership goals are met through student and faculty engagement;
- Aiding students in meeting their academic and community-based requirements and commitments.
- Provides opportunities for networking and forming relationships with people at Lewis University and area nonprofit and community-based organizations.
- Supports students in developing and improving critical skills such as communication, time management, group facilitation, and project management.
- Empowers students to act on justice-related issues in the local community.
- Offers valuable experience in various fields to list on a resume.
CELFs Engage in One of Two Ways
- Course-Based – A CELF will be assigned to a single course, supporting a specific faculty member, group of students, and a small number of community partnerships throughout the semester. In this way, the CELF acts as a project manager and logistics coordinator for the course and associated partnership(s).
- Community-Based – A CELF will be assigned to work with a single community partner or group of partners to help facilitate student engagement. In this way, the CELF acts as a liaison and logistics coordinator for the partnership and associated course(s).
Apply for the program.
Opt-in for Notifications
Opt-in for Notifications about future application cycles if you cannot apply during the semester listed
Below is our most recent selection timeline.
Fall 2023 Selection Timeline
|Monday, October 9
||Applications are available
|Monday, October 23
|Tuesday, October 24 - Friday, October 27
|Monday, October 30