ARE YOU READY TO REGISTER?
The Success Scholars Program exemplifies Lewis University’s Catholic and Lasallian mission by making college education accessible and attainable for students of all academic backgrounds. The Success Scholars Program provides first year students at Lewis an opportunity to further their growth and development from high school in order to excel as college students. Success Scholars join together in a small academic community where they benefit from mentorship from a peer and staff mentor as well as find support and inspiration from other Success Scholars. The Success Scholars Program begins in August and spans the entire first year at Lewis.
Success Scholars Information Session 2020-21
Goals of the Success Scholars Program
- Build community among cohort.
- Create a sense of belonging on campus (the physical campus, mission, faculty & staff).
- Strengthen students’ self-confidence.
- Empower students to take ownership of their Lewis University experience.
- Provide students opportunities to explore a variety of strategies to thrive inside and outside of the classroom.
Benefits of being a Success Scholar
- Retention data shows that participation in the Success Scholars Program significantly contributes to student persistence from freshman to sophomore year.
- Dedicated peer and professional staff mentor for the duration of the first-year and connection to the staff for remainder your Lewis experience.
- Opportunity to jump start your Lewis experience through Success Scholars Bridge Program.
- Access to Success Scholars section of the Cornerstone Seminar in the fall semester.
- Ongoing opportunities to develop and explore through Success Scholars programming during the spring semester.
- Become part of a tight-knit community of Success Scholars, including current Success Scholars and Success Scholar alumni.
Students are selected to join Success Scholars during the admission process to the university.
* Success Scholars present many diverse academic qualities and are chosen based on different factors within their application materials. Success Scholars typically have earned solid high school grades but might have other academic factors that could present challenges with their intended major.
Feel free to browse the attached Success Scholars Flyer for additional information. You can also contact Dr. Melissa Eichelberger, Student Success Coordinator at (815) 836-5583 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.