At Lewis University, we help make the transfer process as friendly and simple for you as possible. We can help guide you through all of the F-1 and SEVIS I-20 transfer procedures, and any other questions you may have.
Your Transfer Counselor
Director of International Recruitment
+1 815 836 5635
Transfer Students currently in the USA with an F-1 Visa
Undergraduate students: apply to the program of your choice, and submit all of the required documents for admission – current transcript, copy of passport and I-20
Graduate Students: apply to the program of your choice, and submit all of the required documents for admission – current transcript, two letters of recommendation, personal statement essay, and resume
After you have been admitted to your program, please follow these steps:
- Submit the required Financial Support documents for Undergrad or Graduate students.
- Meet with your current International Student Advisor about your transfer eligibility. Ask them to complete the Transfer Authorization form and return it to the International Admission Office.
- After you have completed your final semester, you will need to send your final and official transcripts to Lewis University’s International Admission Office. You will also need to request your SEVIS I-20 to be transferred to Lewis University.
- Submit the required immunization documentation to Health Services.
- Complete your travel arrangements and arrive for the New Student Orientation.
Scholarship awards are available for students transferring from an American college or university. Scholarship eligibility is determined at the time of admission.
International Student Services
The International Student Service Office at Lewis University has many resources to assist your transition to Lewis University. Please review resources.