Transfer Students

Lewis is a transfer-friendly University.

At Lewis, we help make the transfer process as friendly and simple for you as possible. We can help walk you through all of your F-1 Transfer Procedures and any other paperwork you may have.

For help with any questions you may have, please contact:

Tyler King
Director of International Recruitment
1(815) 836-5635

Steps to follow as a transfer student:

  1. First apply to an undergraduate or graduate program and submit all required documents for admission.
  2. Receive your acceptance decision.
  3. Submit the required financial documents for a transfer I-20 form.
  4. Receive a Lewis transfer form. Give this form, along with your acceptance letter, to your current school and ask them to transfer your SEVIS record to Lewis University.
  5. Complete your travel arrangement and arrive for classes at your scheduled start date.
  6. Submit the required immunization documentation to Health Services.

Scholarship opportunities are available for students transferring from an American community college. If you have completed a two year associate degree, you could be eligible for a transfer scholarship. For more information about the scholarship, please contact the International Admission office.

And for more information, visit our International Student Services site.