Learn to modify your teaching styles for students with different abilities, cultures and environments.
The Special Education program at Lewis University offers students a deep knowledge base in special education and disability theory, as well as effective evidence-based instructional strategies for students who receive special education supports and services in public and private schools. Upon graduation, students will be prepared to teach students with disabilities, Kindergarten to age 22.
2+2 Program Option
Through a unique partnership with College of DuPage (COD), students may attend COD for the first two years of the program and complete the final two years at Lewis University's main campus in Romeoville. Upon completion of the program, students receive a Bachelor of Arts in Special Education degree from Lewis University.
The Special Education program is fully approved by the State Educator Preparation and Licensure Board and the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Mines-Quinlan Annual Scholarship
- Special Education Annual Scholarship
- TEACH Grant
- Golden Apple Scholars
Visit the Financial Aid for Educational Studies page for more information on education scholarships.
- Integrating Educational and Assistive Technology into the Classroom
- Disability Studies in Education
- Transitions and Students with High Support Needs
- Assessment for Learning
- Partnerships for Inclusive Education
- Instructional Planning and Performance Based Assessment
- Special Education Teacher
- Social and Human Services Assistant
- Pediatric Hospital Educator
ON CAMPUS OPPORTUNITIES
- Educators Rising
- Best Buddies Illinois
- Catholic and Lasallian Educators Program
- Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education (KDP)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Latin American Student Organization (LASO)
- Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Completion of an introductory-level methods course
Please refer to the Office of Admission for application requirements and specific next steps.
- Early Childhood Special Education, B.A.
- Combined Special Education/Elementary Education, B.A.
- Elementary Education, B.A.
For more information contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com or call (815) 836-5250.Share ➤