Designed for human resource managers looking to enhance their educational qualifications.
These 8-week SHRM Certification programs will prepare you for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Exam.
3.6 CEU's/36 contact hours. You may also register for 3 undergraduate credit hours.
March 20, 2024 to May 11, 2024
Instructor: Lisa Johnson
About the Seminar
The seminar consists of both synchronous and asynchronous components. Live synchronous sessions will be held every Wednesday evening 7:00pm - 9:00pm CST to allow you connect with the instructor and fellow learners. Outside of these evening sessions, students will participate in online discussions and work through the SHRM Learning System® on their own schedule throughout each week.
Why This Seminar
- Designed to fit the busy schedules of working adults
- 8 interactive sessions include case study discussions, lecture, Q&A and multiple-choice tests to prepare for the SHRM Certification exams
- Uses the latest SHRM Learning System® and covers key content areas including: Strategic Business Management, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resource Development, Total Rewards, Employee and Labor Relations, and Risk Management
- Facilitated by a highly experienced, SHRM-SCP certified HRM professional.
For more information on the SHRM certification exam, including the benefits of sitting for the exam, and requirements, click on this link.
About the Instructor
Lisa Johnson, SHRM-SCP is a professional speaker, coach, and consultant who helps busy organizations reduce people risk by building leadership and communication skills.
Her work experience includes the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Toyota, Tyco, and Johnson Controls. Lisa earned a Bachelor’s in personnel/industrial relations from the University of Kentucky and an MBA from Lewis University. She is a member of the National Speakers Association and is the 2021 President of the Louisville Society for Human Resource Management.
How to Register
- Submit the application form.
- When prompted on the form, be sure to select the following values:
Academic Program = At Large-SGPCE
Term = Choose either Fall or Spring term depending on when you choose to start the first course
- You will receive an automated email from the Office of Admission once the application is officially submitted.
- Please watch for an additional email correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your interest in the SHRM program.
Upon completion, you will receive Certificates of Completion from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
For more information, please call the School of Graduate, Professional & Continuing Education at (815) 836-5570.Share ➤