Effective public relations and advertising strategies remain the key to organizational success.
The Internet has changed everything. It is harder than ever to keep both good and bad brands and products a secret. Multi-way communication has replaced one-way corporate messaging. But that makes reputation management and effective communication more important than ever – not less. Prepare to lead strategic communication functions for organizations in order to engage and inform key audiences, build relationships and bring user information back to an organization for analysis and action.
Why Lewis for Public Relations/Advertising?
- Learn the art of persuasion and how to effectively change attitudes, beliefs and behaviors
- Learn to competently and creatively communicate through a variety of traditional and digital mediums
- Learn to internalize customer desires and apprehensions in order to effectively frame product and organizational solutions
- Learn the ethical craft of public relations and advertising, helping to inform and empower the world to make better decisions
- Learn to effectively represent a product or organization to customers, community members and the media
- Develop competencies in media management, publicity creation, event planning and promotional material production
- Develop best practice skills in writing, design, photography and social media to assist in the art of persuasion
- Learn to conduct market research assessment to investigate, target and cater to specific audiences
- Small class sizes and supportive educational community offers the perfect preparation for a successful public relations/advertising career
- Get involved with our award-winning student organizations, including the Lewis University Television Network, WLRA all-digital radio station, National Communication Association and Social Media Club
Life after Lewis
Upon graduation, you will be prepared to work as a public relations or advertising professional for PR agencies, consulting firms, businesses and non-profits alike, through a wide range of exciting career options, including:
- Public Relations Specialist
- Community Relations Specialist
- Publicist/Press Agent
- Special Events Planner
- Government Affairs/Lobbyist
- Media Relations Specialist
- Advertising Manager
For more information contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com or call (815)836-5250.Share ➤