Match your passion for nursing with the business acumen necessary to lead a healthcare organization.
Designed specifically for the working adult, the flexible and accelerated MSN/MBA dual degree program at Lewis University allows students to earn both a Master of Science in Nursing and a Master of Business Administration. Upon completion, students will know how to design and execute specialized healthcare systems, identify and resolve organizational challenges, and manage the financial order of a healthcare organization.
Financial Aid Options
Contact us(815) 205-0943
- Employer Tuition Assistance – Advocate, Provena Alverno and other partner healthcare organization employees may take advantage of special tuition pricing.
- Illinois Organization of Nurse Leaders (IONL) Discount - Through partnership with the IONL, eligible students can earn a 15% tuition discount towards their degree. Students who are IONL members must submit the necessary forms each semester.
- Frequent Flyer Scholarship – Lewis University alumni qualify for a 20% tuition scholarship when admitted into a graduate degree, doctoral degree, second bachelor degree, or qualifying certificate program. More information about the Frequent Flyer Scholarship Program.
Please refer to the Financial Aid Office for more information on types of aid and tuition assistance.
- Applied Biostatistics for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Healthcare Organizations, Systems and Policy
- Population Health
- Healthcare Management, Operations and Accounting
- Healthcare Finance and Economics
- Introduction to Healthcare Informatics
- Dynamics of Healthcare Organizations
- Evidence-Based Performance in Healthcare
- Financial Management for Nurse Leaders
- Graduation from a baccalaureate nursing program, accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in state of practice
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA from ADN degree if applicable, OR
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA from BSN degree; OR
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA from post BSN, graduate level coursework of no less than 6 credit hours
- Successful completion of a Statistics course and Nursing Research course (3 credit hours each)
- Equivalent courses must be taken prior to or concurrent with the first graduate-level nursing course with a grade “B” or above.
- If a student does not receive a grade of “B” or above in a bridge course, the student may not repeat the course and will be dismissed from the program.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Two completed Lewis University College of Nursing and Health Sciences' recommendation forms
- One reference must be from a nurse with a master's degree or doctoral degree in the specialty for which you are applying
- One reference should be from your current supervisor or manager
- Letters from persons deemed to have a conflict of interest will not be accepted, e.g. relatives or persons in a reporting position to the applicant.
- Essay of 500 words delineating the area of focus for the DNP scholarly project that is pertinent to practice
- How your work experiences prepared you for graduate studies
- How graduate study will facilitate achievement of your short and long-term goals
- How the Lewis University Mission integrates with your personal and professional identity
Students must also meet requirements for the MBA program.
Please refer to the Office of Graduate Admissions for application requirements and specific next steps.VIEW THE PROGRAM CURRICULUM