Prepare for a leadership role within dynamic healthcare organizations.
The healthcare industry is moving at a rapid pace – new reforms, new technologies, longer life expectancies, etc. These factors and more will require dynamic, focused leaders ready to take on the challenges of providing effective healthcare throughout the 21st century. Students in the accelerated Healthcare Leadership program at Lewis University will learn trends in global healthcare systems and healthcare reform, adaptive communication styles across audience types and organizational lines, healthcare business and financial methodologies, and ethical decision-making unique to the healthcare industry.
- United States Healthcare System
- Communication in Healthcare Organizations
- Project Management and Team Dynamics
- Management Skills for the Healthcare Professional
- Managing Information in Healthcare
- Financial Management in Healthcare
- Healthcare Planning and Analysis
- Healthcare Operations
- Leadership in Healthcare
- Healthcare Leadership Practicum
- Doctor’s Office Manager
- Physical Therapy Clinic
- Nursing Homes
- Ambulatory Service Centers
- Dental Office Manager
- Hospital/Medical Institutions
- Minimum of 30 transferable credit hours at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) based on all transferable courses
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Must demonstrate evidence of significant work experience or military training
Please refer to the Office of Admission for application requirements and specific next steps.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor - Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Medical and Health Services Managers have a job outlook projected growth of 32% from 2020 to 2030, with approximately 51,800 job openings projected for each year. Medical and health services managers held about 402,540 jobs in 2020. The larger employers of medical and health services managers were as follows: Hospitals (33%), Offices of physicians (12%), Nursing and residential care facilities (10%) Government (9%), and Outpatient care centers (7%).
HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP BA TO MBA PATHWAY
HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP (HCLD) BA REQUIREMENTS
- General Education (45 credit hours)
- HCLD major courses (30 credit hours)
- Elective courses (53 credit hours must include the following courses)
- Accounting I and Accounting II (6 cr)
- Macroeconomics and Microeconomics (6 cr)
- Decision Science and Statistics (6 cr)
- Business Information Systems (3 cr)
- Principles of Management (3 cr)
- Principles of Marketing (3 cr)
- Principles of Finance (3 cr)
- International Business (3 cr)
A minimum of 3.0 GPA is required for all undergraduate coursework, including transfer credit, with a "B-" or above in any of the the MBA Core Courses listed above.
- Foundation Courses (waived)
- Core courses (21 credit hours)
- Managerial Accounting
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Finance
- Legal, Social & Ethical Foundations
- Managerial Communication
- International Business in the Global Environment (waived)
- Strategic Management in the Global Environment
- Major Field Test (0 credit hours)
- Concentration Courses (9 credit hours)
- Elective Course (waived)
Must start MBA work the semester after completing your HCLD BA.
Note: this can consist of one course. You have seven years to complete your MBA.
For more information contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com.