Learn how to analyze and leverage data to make powerful and profitable business decisions.
More and more organizations are looking for data-driven decision makers – those with a master’s degree in business analytics who have the educational qualifications to make strategic, operations, marketing and healthcare decisions based on objective and rock-solid data driven business intelligence.
Everyone is talking about “big data”. But there aren’t nearly enough qualified individuals ready to help organizations analyze and leverage data intelligence for improved decision making. Your Master’s in Business Analytics from Lewis University will prepare you to do just that and enter one of the fastest-growing careers around.
Analytic skills are becoming more important across all industries. How can retailers predict the hottest holiday gifts more than a year in advance? How did Macy’s enhance its email marketing program to increase profits? How did Deere & Company save more than $1 billion by optimizing its inventory? How does Facebook find your friends? More and more organizations are looking for qualified individuals able to help unlock the business secrets hiding within their data.
Perfect Mix of Business and Information Technology EducationYou will attain a working knowledge of how to use data intelligence tools for informed and objective decision making. Through an interdisciplinary curriculum you will:
- Get real-world and hands-on experience with state-of-the-art data mining and business intelligence tools and technologies
- Gain the quantitative and data analysis skills required to solve complex business problems
- Learn how to develop corporate strategy by exploring relationships in an organization’s "big data" and predictive decision modeling.
- Learn how to analyze large data sets to uncover hidden relationships and make more informed business decisions
- Gain a working knowledge of data analysis techniques such as decision trees, classification, clustering, segmentation, decision support systems, search algorithms, data mining, factor and discriminant analysis and optimization concepts for data
- Identify business requirements, conduct feasibility analysis, and develop data warehouse models to make informed decisions.
Why Lewis for Your Master's in Business Analytics?
- Ranked as one of U.S. News & World Report's "Top Tier Colleges"
- One of the most affordable Master’s in Business Analytics programs in the region
- Small interactive classes provide the ideal learning environment to learn with and from your peers
- 8-week courses offered on-campus or online to accommodate the working professional
- Flexible curriculum to match your current interests and future career ambitions
100% Online Option
We also offer our Master's in Business Analytics program in a completely flexible online format to help you balance work, family and education.
Note: The Financial Analytics concentration is currently only available on-campus.
Four Concentrations to Customize for Your Career Interests
Analytical skills are becoming more important across a wide variety of industries. Customize your Master’s in Business Analytics degree with one of the following concentrations to match your specific career interests:
Learn how to design data-driven marketing and advertising campaigns that optimize ROI across all promotional platforms.
Combining fundamental analytics theory with the abundant data available in financial markets, financial analysts can help solve quantitative problems ranging from maximizing stock price to determining optimal portfolios.
The medical and diagnostic secrets hidden in the “big data” of patient outcome records are going to change the healthcare industry. Be a part of this massive and imminent shift toward improved patient health.
Learn how to leverage data to design efficient processes that reduce costs while increasing productivity and profitability for any organization.
Life after LewisOur graduates are able to bring their newfound skills to a wide range of successful jobs/career options, such as:
- Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Modelling Analyst
- Financial Modelling Analyst
- Operations and Strategy Analyst
- Quantitative Operations Associate
- Business Analytics Manager
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
- Marketing Analytics Manager
- Content Marketing Strategist
- Big Data Analytics Consultant
- Enterprise Content Management Consultant
- Capital Modelling Analytics Consultant
- Business Analytics Strategy Consultant
- Director of Healthcare Data Analytics
- Chief Data Officer
"The United States alone faces a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 people with analytical expertise and 1.5 million managers and analysts with the skills to understand and make decisions based on the analysis of big data." - McKinsey Global Institute
Occupations that require business analytics skills are expected to add 950,000 jobs by 2023. - U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
The demand for deep analytical talent in the U.S. could be 60% greater than its projected supply by 2018. - U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
A PREFERRED DESTINATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Our MS Business Analytics program is a STEM designated academic degree, making it a popular choice among international students. International students using the F-1 Visa will have access to “Day-1 CPT” as well as numerous opportunities in the Chicago area for OPT. Upon graduation, students will be eligible for the OPT STEM Extension, enhancing their education with practical field experience for up to three years. For more information about CPT and OPT in the United States, please visit our International Student Services page.