Increase your potential for career advancement and join a legacy of leadership in advancing the field.
Alumnus Timothy McCarthy Address to December 2022 Graduates.
Lewis University’s Master of Science in Criminal Justice program provides students with an advanced understanding and the skills needed to analyze and ethically address complex issues that criminal justice professionals encounter every day. Upon graduation, students will have an enhanced personal capacity to excel in the field of criminal justice, increased potential for career advancement, and facilitated personal and professional growth.
Lewis University is a member of the Academic Alliance of the FBI National Academy Associates, Inc. (FBINAA). Many Lewis graduates hold high-level and public sector positions in the FBI, Secret Service, Department of Homeland Security, and numerous state and local police departments.
Lewis is a member of the National Fraternal Order of Police University (NFOPU) is a consortium of colleges and universities that provides members of the National FOP with varied learning programs. We’re proud to bring you award-winning undergraduate and graduate degrees in Criminal Justice and Public Safety Administration. We’re perfectly positioned to provide you with an advanced understanding of the complex issues industry professionals face every day giving you the skills to analyze critical issues and apply ethical reasoning to complex situations, enhance your career potential, and impact your world for the better.
Two Concentrations to Focus on Career Goals
Students may choose from the following concentration options to align their curriculum with their aspirations in the field:
- Criminal Justice
- Security Studies
100% Online Option
For professionals with demanding schedules, Lewis offers a 100% online option that keeps you with the same learning community throughout your program.
RECENTLY NAMED THE #1 BEST FOR VETS SCHOOL IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS
Lewis University is proud to be a partner in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program which allows qualified Post-9/11 veterans to enroll in more than 100 approved education programs at Lewis University, tuition free! We have unlimited participants so no need to enter a lottery or feel like you missed the deadline.
- Criminal Procedure
- Criminal Law
- Federal Criminal Justice System
- Homicide-Violent Crime
- Intelligence Gathering: Issues and Controversies
- Prediction of Criminal Behavior
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with one of the following:
- Major in social or behavioral science
- Be currently serving as a criminal justice practitioner
- Applicants may also successfully complete two criminal justice courses selected by the program director with a grade of B or better prior to admission as a degree candidate.
- Official academic transcripts from each institution attended.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0, calculated on the most recent 60 semester hours. Provisional admission status may be granted to a student applicant who has applied for full admission but did not achieve an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Obtain acceptance by the Graduate Council.
- Submission of a personal statement.
Please refer to the Office of Graduate Admission for application requirements and specific next steps.