Mission Statement and Outcomes
PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT
The Lewis University Exercise Science Program aims to educate, mentor, and inspire undergraduate students to understand and promote exercise as a way to enhance performance, maintain function, and restore and wellness health throughout the lifespan. The Program aims to be viewed by prospective students, alumni, employers, colleagues, and the community as a leader in preparing Exercise Science professionals in the state of Illinois and the region.
- Students will identify and minimize potential risks associated with exercise.
- Students will design and implement evidence-based, safe exercise program to meet a variety of outcomes.
- Students will optimize adoption and adherence of exercise and other healthy behaviors by applying effective behavioral strategies and motivational techniques.
- Students will establish and implement policies and procedures for the management of health fitness facilities based on accepted safety and legal guidelines, standards and regulations.
- Students will be able to describe the role of the exercise scientist as part of an interdisciplinary team.