Learn to effectively create and tell stories from concept to completion across a variety of platforms.
Today’s communication specialists are required to understand how to use a variety of different technologies including incorporating text, audio, video, illustration, photography and graphic design to communicate effectively on the Internet and across a variety of platforms. Graduates of the Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media and Journalism program at Lewis University will have the skills to meet the growing demand of well-rounded creative and technology-savvy professionals.
The program offers two concentrations: Journalism and Media Web Design.
- The Journalism concentration combines print, online and broadcast news courses. Courses pair traditional journalism skills with digital media skills to create newsworthy, audience-centric stories.
- The Media Web Design concentration combines communication and computer graphic design courses. Courses are designed to teach students how to create content for the digital media world.
Lewis’ supportive educational community and state-of-the-art media production equipment offers the perfect preparation for a successful career. Through a curriculum balance of theory and hands-on practice you will:
- Learn to understand the elements of effective storytelling
- Develop competencies in interviewing, writing, editing, layout and design
- Develop competencies in the use of broadcast equipment, technology and software
- Work for the award winning student newspaper, The Flyer
- Learn to competently and creatively communicate through a variety of traditional and digital outlets
- Learn to effectively communicate across all digital platforms
- Demonstrate strategic writing, video, photography and audio production skills
- Learn to proficiently leverage social media platforms, tools and strategies
- Use graphic design skills to communicate points of visual interest
- Introduction to Mass Media
- Social Media and Online Audiences
- Visual Storytelling
- Communication Design Principles
- Blogging and Opinion Writing
- Community News and Information
- Digital Content Creator
- Multimedia Editor
- Online/Broadcast/Print Reporter
- Data Journalist
- Print Layout Designer
- News Producer
On Campus Opportunities
- Award winning student newspaper - The Flyer
- Lewis University Television Network (LUTN)
For more information contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815)836-5250.Share ➤