Flexible programs and discounted tuition for sworn officers
Sworn officers can now take advantage of our adult accelerated program in Criminal Justice. Earn your degree from a nationally recognized program. Our graduates have gone on to the highest levels of command in major cities across the U.S.
100% online option for your convenience
The accelerated program in Criminal Justice is offered in 8-week sessions and is intended for sworn officers and adults. The program can be completed fully online. For those who prefer to learn in a physical classroom, this program is also offered at multiple Lewis locations.
Unique broader focus on both Criminal and Social Justice
One of the country's largest programs of its kind, Lewis University's Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice provides a lens through which students see the bigger picture of criminal and social justice and what it means to live in a truly just society. We’re able to accomplish this because our courses are taught by well-respected experts with actual field experience. The result is a greater understanding of the real-world issues, policies and procedures that directly impact today’s professionals. Our innovative curriculum includes topics of:
- Understanding the causal factors of crime
- Use of excessive force
- Juvenile justice policies
- Domestic violence/mandatory arrest ethical issues
- The revitalization of community-oriented policing
- Balanced focus on social justice for a broader understanding of the modern justice system
- The importance of partnership and building trust between the community and the legal system
- Learning to write effectively for procedural efficiency and career advancement
- Legal and procedural courses taught exclusively by professional attorneys
Join our list of distinguished alumni
More than 50 national police chiefs have earned their degrees at Lewis, including Phil Cline - former Superintendent of the Chicago Police Force - and Charles H. Ramsey - Commissioner of the Philadelphia Police Department. You might be next.
An excellent next step for veterans
Your military training will serve you well in the Criminal Justice field. You can start classes while you’re still on active duty. Take advantage of your veterans’ benefits and enroll now.
- Flexible course schedules allow you to take accelerated courses on campus or online. Multiple opportunities to start you program throughout the calendar year.
- Course taught by experienced faculty with real-world understanding and connections.
- Evolving curriculum provides you with the ultra-practical and career-focused knowledge and skills necessary to pursue careers in law enforcement and the legal system.
- An ethical framework to help you face the moral challenges that come from a position of power
- Insight into today’s biggest issues in law enforcement – like domestic violence, drug abuse, terrorism and prison overcrowding.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our legal system and the sociological aspects of crime.
Take your career even further with our Bachelor's to Master’s in Criminal Justice
ncrease your opportunity with a Master’s degree. You can start it as part of your undergraduate curriculum when you enroll in our Bachelor's to Master’s program. As long as you meet the admission requirements, you can enroll in up to 3 graduate courses that will count for both your undergraduate and graduate curriculum, allowing you to complete your graduate degree in as little as one year after graduation with your Bachelor’s degree.
For more information contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815)836-5250.Share ➤