Faculty and Staff
Name: Dr. Mark Napier
Title: Assistant Professor of Finance
Office Location: SB-126-N
Phone (Office): (815)-836-5318
Education & Certifications:
- DBA, Finance, University of Florida
- MBA, Finance, University of Notre Dame
- BS, Economics, Purdue University
- Post-Grad, Public Policy Economics, University of Oxford
- Certification, CFA-ESG Investing, CFA Institute*
- Certification, Sustainable Accounting, SASB/IFRS Foundation*
- Certification, Sustainable Finance, Erasmus University
- Certification, Sustainable Finance Education, Swiss Sustainable Finance
- Certification, Teaching Financial Planning, CFP Board
Dr. Mark Napier is an Assistant Professor of Finance in the College of Business at Lewis University. His research interests include circular economies, ESG/sustainable finance, and portfolio risk (venture capital). He has also partnered with the World Economic Forum (Impact Investing) and the UN Environment Program Finance Initiative (UNEP–FI Sustainable Finance). He has presented his research at several conferences and various GI/NGI sector briefings.
Dr. Napier's teaching experience includes teaching strategic finance as a Professor in the Tabor School of Business at Millikin University’s MBA program. Mark also previously lectured as a specialist practitioner in venture finance at the University of Florida and in entrepreneurial finance at the University of Notre Dame. Additionally, he developed the entrepreneurial ventures training program for the National Peace Corps Association.
Professionally, Mark has significant finance and investments experience, including recent work in venture capital and family office investments. Within this capacity, he has helped in founding companies, assisted in building startups, and invested in venture funding totaling over $1B with a post-money valuation exceeding $50B. Earlier, Mark held executive positions at Fortune 100 companies in healthcare finance and operational strategy. Mark began his career at Deloitte and served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Senegal.
- FINA-69500, Financial Management Strategies (Capstone)
- FINA-60300, Financial Statement Analysis (MBA & MS-Finance)
- FINA-58500, Financial Management Strategies
- FINA-20000, Principles of Finance
- FINA-20000, Principles of Finance (Online)