Faculty and Staff
Name: Robert A. Bergman
Title: Assistant Professor - Marketing
Program: College of Business
Office Location: SB-148-N
Phone: (815) 836-5294
Education & Certifications:
- MBA, University of Denver
- BSBA, University of Denver
Mr. Robert Bergman is a seasoned Marketing professional – turned Marketing Professor. His expertise includes the various facets of marketing, social media marketing and an expertise in human and consumer behavior that drives the creation of great marketing strategy.
Prior to joining Lewis University, he enjoyed 20 distinguished years in the field of marketing, management consulting, sales, sales management and corporate training.
He has been both architect and witness to thousands of marketing campaigns – making the connection between “what works” and “what doesn’t work” – and helping others to create successful marketing strategy.
Mr. Bergman has been a full-time faculty member in the Lewis University College of Business since 2001 with an additional five years of service to the University as an Adjunct Faculty member.
He is currently the Director of the Sales Excellence program and Director of Student Internships within the College of Business. He holds a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Denver and holds several professional certifications.
When he is not in the classroom teaching, he is consulting to small business and non-profits on the development of great marketing strategy based on the traits of human and consumer behavior that drive consumer decision-making.Courses Taught:
- Principles of Marketing
- Survey of Marketing
- Current Topics in Marketing Strategies
- Consumer Behavior
- Multimedia Internet
- Social Media & the Business of Public Relations
- Public Relations
- Advanced Sales
- eBusiness & eMarketing
- Social Media Marketing Strategies
- Marketing Management
- Management Internships
- Economics Internships
- International Management Internships
- “Laziness, Narcissism and other politically incorrect Considerations in Formulating Marketing Strategy” – presented at CRM Evolution in Washington DC. – 2016
- “15 Elements of a Great Relationship” as they relate to Customer Relationship Management – presented at CRM Evolution, New York City - 2015
- “Branding – A Multi-audience Approach” – Associated Colleges of Illinois – 2017
- “Understanding the Science & Relief of Low Back Pain” – Marketing research study of patient satisfaction (consumer behavior) utilizing supplemental patient education. Conducted with Promotion Physical Therapy and their prescribing doctors in the Joliet area. - 2013