As a Lewis University student, I am expected to incorporate the values from our mission -knowledge, fidelity, wisdom, justice, and association- in the decisions I make every day. As part of my promise to Lewis University, I pledge to promote responsible stewardship of our environment and limited resources by incorporating some or all of the following practices in my everyday life:
- Attending lectures, seminars, and classes to learn about environmental preservation topics.
- Conserving energy by turning down thermostats, turning off lights and using compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Drinking tap water instead of bottled water when possible.
- Joining College sponsored programs and groups devoted to sustainability
- Reducing waste by using a reusable mug and water bottle, taking my own bags to the grocery store, donating
used clothes and furniture to charity groups or others who can use them.
- Think before I print or photocopy, and using the double-sided setting when I print.
- Recycling plastic, paper, glass, aluminum and cardboard, etc.
- Minimizing auto travel and walking or riding my bike whenever possible.
- Unplugging electronics and chargers from the wall when not in use.