Sustainability Mission at Lewis University
In the spirit of knowledge, wisdom, fidelity, justice, and association, Lewis University is committed to making a significant reduction in our ecological footprint on campus as well as the world.
For questions about Sustainability at Lewis University contact Jaclyn Boyle at email@example.com or at (815) 836-5716
In the News
- Pumpkin Pitch Collects 500 Pounds of Pumpkins
Published: November 18, 2015.
Lewis University teamed up with Will County Land Use Department’s Resource Recovery and Energy Division to collect 500 lbs. of pumpkins during the second
- Lewis University students’ Introduction of Environmental Science course takes them to Costa Rica
Published: June 22, 2015.
Lewis University students are learning about ecology and conservation this summer in Costa Rica. Dr. Jerry Kavouras, chair and associate professor of biology
- Lewis University honored as “green” college
Published: May 12, 2015.
Lewis University has been recognized as an environmentally responsible “green” college by The Princeton Review in the 2015 edition of its free book, “The
- Sustainability Council awards students at ‘Come Clean, Go Green’ ceremony
Published: April 20, 2015.
The Sixth Annual “Come Clean, Go Green” student awards were celebrated April 14 at Lewis University. The ceremony followed a keynote presentation by Kay
- Lewis University celebrates Earth Week with recycling, planting and picnics
Published: March 23, 2015.
The Lewis University celebration of Earth Day and Arbor Day spans a week again this year. Earth Week begins a collection drive and concludes with the