Retreats and Koinonia
Reflect. Renewal. Community Building.
Lewis University Ministry offers a variety of spiritual, religious and community-building programs to assist the members of our community to grow into the persons God calls us to be.
What is Koinonia?
Koinonia XLVII - November 2-4, 2012
Koinonia XLVIII - April 5-7, 2013
This relaxing student-led retreat held at the LaSalle Manor in Plano, IL helps students form a community of friends in a quiet environment to help reflect on their lives and get a chance to see God in a whole new way.
"Koinonia made a crazy positive impact on my life. I made more than 100 new friends, easy. It was also a great opportunity for me to learn and understand the different faiths around my campus and, in turn, help strengthen my faith."
- Andrew Koomen
Busy Person's Retreat
February 10-14, 2013
This powerful on-campus four-day retreat will meet you where you are.
- 30 minutes a day with a spiritual companion and alone in prayer
- Powerful experience for those willing to give it their all
- Great opportunity to reflect on your busy life and a chance to "get away" from it all for awhile
What is Catalyst?
Catalyst Social Justice Retreat
Jan. 26-27, 2013
This is your chance to see the world differently, and find out how you can make a change.
- Join us for a weekend immersion in the city of Chicago to "see" poverty more vividly, "feel" poverty more intensely, and to understand poverty's causes more deeply
- We will visit shelters and health clinics, tour neighborhoods and encounter the people whose stories are not told and those working for change
- Discover how you can bring God's justice to the world today
FYI - First Year Interaction
September 22, 2012
Take a break with this one-day event to meet other first-year students, participate in exciting team challenges and talk about your hopes for your college experience.
- Student-led event
- Great way to meet new friends
- Have fun while discovering your purpose at Lewis
Nov. 17, 2012 and March TBD
Celebrate your African-American heritage while addressing common challenges and exploring your Christian faith.
- Student-led experiences
- Reflections, small groups, music and outside speakers
- Gospel Brunch
Contact email@example.com with any questions or to sign up.