Application for Admission for High School and Lewis University Students
To complete your STARTALK application, you will need:
- To fill out the following on-line application form (in which you will be asked to write a short essay, in less than 300 words, regarding why you want to study language at our STARTALK program).
- In addition to this you will have to arrange for your school academic transcripts to be sent to Lewis University no later than Monday, May 1, 2017.
To have your academic transcripts mailed to us
- Print out the Transcript Release Form
- Fill it out with the required information and,
- Take it to your school Registrar's with the request to mail your transcript to the following address:
Professor Lifeng Hu
Foreign Language Program
MacNamara 006 (Unit 1203)
Romeoville, IL 60446
Important: your academic transcript form should be received no later than May 1, 2017.
- Monday, May 1 - Application deadline
Note: Don’t wait until last minutes. Admission is very competitive but if you are a strong candidate, we can admit you before this date once you apply.
- Wednesday, May 10 - Email notification of acceptance
(Important! Check your email for notification of acceptance between May 10-15. Your timely confirmation is required to register once you are selected. Lack of action will result in forfeiture of spot.)
- Monday, May 15 - Email notification of wait list students
- Monday, June 26 - Classes begin
- Friday, July 21 - Graduation Day
Follow us on Facebook for pictures and updates!
Note: The program is FREE. However, If you get accepted, you will need to become a Lewis university student for the time of the program. This registration process costs $40. If you’ll ever want to become a full time student at Lewis, you won’t have to pay that fee again.