Application for Admission for High School and Lewis University Students
To complete your STARTALK application, you will need:
- To fill out the following on-line application form (in which you will be asked to write a short essay, in less than 300 words, regarding why you want to study language at our STARTALK program).
- In addition to this you will have to arrange for your school academic transcripts to be sent to Lewis University postmarked no later than by May 4th, 2015.
To have your academic transcripts mailed to us
- Print out the Transcript Release Form
- Fill it out with the required information and,
- Take it to your school Registrar's with the request to mail your transcript to the following address:
Professor Lifeng Hu
Foreign Language Program
Romeoville, IL 60446
Important: your academic transcript form should be postmarked no later than May 4th, 2015.
- May 4 - Application deadline
- May 11 Email notification of acceptance
(Important! Check your email for notification of acceptance between May 11-16. Your timely confirmation is required to register once you are selected. Lack of action will result in forfeiture of spot.)
- May 16 Email notification of wait list students
- June 15 - Classes begin
- July 10 - Graduation Day
Follow us on Facebook for pictures and updates!
Note: The program is FREE. However, If you get accepted, you will need to become a Lewis university student for the time of the program. This registration process costs $40. If you’ll ever want to become a full time student at Lewis, you won’t have to pay that fee again.