Returning to College? Jump-start your path to success with a FREE course!Nov 21st, 2013 | By richterh | Category: LEAD STORY
That is right! We are offering this course for free for the Spring 2014 session! Check the Spring schedule Book and find the Adult College Experience class! Sign up now!
Start off on the right foot with a class that stimulates your critical thinking skills, teaches you about yourself as a learner, and enables you to explore your academic and professional goals.
Adult students seeking admission or re-admission to Lewis University who are admitted before the end of the term are eligible for a scholarship to cover the tuition for the course.
The Adult College Experience (ACE) is a 3 credit course at Lewis University that is the pathway to completing your degree. It will enable you to:
- succeed in accelerated courses
- excel in online and classroom learning environments
- hone your writing and critical thinking skills
- revisit and improve how to study most effectively
- enhance your professional and academic goals
- plan financially and academically so you complete your degree
- learn about how to earn college credit for knowledge gained from life experience
- become more aware of your learning style so you maximize your effectiveness in class and in your profession
Plus, the course orients you to all of the resources Lewis University has to offer, including: online learning tools and courses, academic resources, and Library research.
Here’s what students who have taken the course have to say:
- This is a great class for adult students returning to college to learn how to get back into the college mode.
- I think the course will be an asset for my future courses.
- The class helped me to figure out the kind of learner that I am. [It] helps a student to realize their goals and better ways to achieve them.
- An excellent tool for adults new to Lewis. Provided information on resources that Lewis offers but also resources that an individual may not know they are capable of doing themselves.
- Class was always interesting and fun! I recommend this class for everyone! It is a great course for adults returning to college.
Please contact us to find out when the next offering of this course will be. Please contact a Graduate and Adult Admissions Counselor for more information.
Contact your Adult Admission Advisor today to find more at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 836-5610.