NEW Organizational and Leadership Coaching Concentration staring in Fall 2013!Mar 7th, 2013 | By richterh | Category: FEATURED ARTICLES, Organizational Leadership
The Organizational Leadership Department is pleased to announce a new concentration being offered to students pursuing their Master’s degree in Organizational Leadership. Organizational and Leadership Coaching is a multidisciplinary-based tool that can provide professionals with a distinct advantage in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Coaching has grown rapidly as a profession within the past decade in businesses, schools, and organizations. This new four course concentration explores the theory and research from which coaching has emerged and teaches the skills needed to become an effective internal or independent Organizational and Leadership Coach.
The courses are conducted synchronously online. This means that you can attend class from the comfort of your own home computer! This technology supports interactivity and collaboration, creating a powerful virtual learning experience. The courses will meet from 6 until pm one night a week for 8 weeks.
Note: LL546 is a prerequisite for LL547, LL548 and LL549.
- Learn coaching strategies based on research and evidence in the field.
- Determine personal coaching styles, guided by well-researched models.
- Develop the ability to coach on the phone and face-to-face.
- Discover the theory behind effective coaching practices.
- Receive supervision from academically qualified coaching practitioners.
- Learn how to start a coaching practice both inside an organization and as an independent practitioner.
Please discuss enrollment in these courses with your advisor. If you have any questions about the content of these courses, please feel free to contact Dr. Sheila Boysen-Rotelli in the Organization Leadership Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.