SGB Awards Ceremony & Criteria
Student Governing Board along with assistance from the Student Organization Resource Center (SORC) will facilitate the SGB Awards process.
- All events must occur between the months of April 2011 and March 2012 . Organizations that would like to be considered for any April events, must submit their events for the following years Awards Ceremony.
- Each Award will have up to 5 nominated Student Organizations per category.
- All nominated Student Organizations must be in good judicial standing with SGB.
- All Student Organizations who are nominated must have filled out and filed all corresponding paperwork with the SORC Office in order to be considered.
- Nomination forms will be available in three areas
- SGB Office and/or any of the SGB general assembly members
- Student Organization Resource Center (SORC)
- Nominations will be accepted in the following ways
- Nomination forms
- Written letters
- Electronic letter via email or word document
- Nominations can be submitted by any student, faculty or staff member who can speak directly about the Student Organization and/or any of its hosted events.
- Nominations will be accepted throughout the entire academic school year until March 31st each Spring Semester.
- Nominees will be announced and revealed by SGB the first week in April
- All voting will take place the second week of April each spring semester and open to the entire Lewis Community
- Nominated Student Organizations may choose to campaign for their events, but not required
- Award winners will be chosen based on the following:
- Online Voting available to the entire Lewis community (75% weight in vote)
- SGB Executive Committee discussion meeting (25% weight in vote)
- SGB Awards will be held the 4th week of April.