SGB Awards Categories
Mission Star Award – Organization of the Year
BEST Organization Awards are open to Student Organizations in that particular category.
BEST Organization in a Social Category
- This award is given to the Student Organization that exemplifies the values of Knowledge, Fidelity, Wisdom, Justice and Association among its membership and throughout any of the events they host throughout the year.
BEST Organization in an Academic Category
- This organization is recognized for donating their time and energy into providing Lewis University students with fun and spirited event(s) in social settings.
BEST Organization in a Special Interest Category
- This organization is recognized for its academic contribution to serve the University in promoting their efforts in applying the first value KNOWLEDGE, the third value WISDOM and the fifth value ASSOCIATION and upholds their primary allegiance to the academic purpose of Lewis University.
BEST New Student Organization
- This organization is recognized for their unique contributions around programming both on and/or off campus as well as their efforts to stand out from other organizations in the same category (awards, recognitions, competitions, programs, etc.)
Spirit Awards are in recognition of any specific EVENT a Student Organization hosts.
Spirit of Association
- This organization is recognized for its initial year’s efforts in integrating itself to the Lewis University community and must have been newly formally recognized within the academic school year.
Spirit of Competition
- Given to the organization that hosts an event (co-sponsorship and/or reaches out to the entire campus community) that exemplifies the Lewis University value of Association.
Spirit of Education
- Given to the organization that hosts an event (contest, game, meet, match, race, or tournament) that exudes good sportsmanship, teamwork and integrity.
Spirit of Community Service
- Given to the organization that hosts an event (speaker, lecture, workshop, seminar, etc.) that has provided the Lewis University community with an enriching educational experience.
Spirit of Culture
- Given to the organization that hosts an event (donate, volunteer, philanthropy, serve, etc.) in which students are given an opportunity to serve (either) the Lewis community or greater community in order to benefit those who are less fortunate.
Spirit of Diversity & Unity
- Given to the organization that hosts an event that gives insight into their culture through the expression of an event (fine arts, lecture or other creative outlets).
- Given to the organization that hosts and event that celebrates what it means to celebrate unification among diversity.