Sheil Hall is one of the early buildings of the University’s history that to this day evokes fond memories from those who lived there. Originally known simply as "The Dormitory," it was later renamed in honor of Bishop Bernard J. Sheil. Sheil Hall was constructed in phases between 1931 and 1946. The first phase consisted of the Center (east-west) wing, which at that time was only one floor. In 1935, the South wing was added. IN 1946, both the North wing and Center wing were completed.
In 2012, Sheil Hall was transformed yet again to replace the existing stair tower, add an elevator tower, and remodel the residential rooms and common spaces. The first floor recreation room now features a big screen projection TV and DVD player, pool table and Ping-Pong table.