Begin the International Admission Process at Lewis University by Using Our online application.
After you have completed the online application, you will need to submit the following documents to the Office of International Admission. No admission decision can be made until all documents have been received. Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Document Copies
- Passport copy which includes your full name and picture
- If you are currently in the United States, please send a copy of your visa and I-20 form
- You must submit a Transcript Evaluation for any school that you attended outside of the United States. For secondary school (high school) transcripts, you should request a general evaluation report. For post-secondary (college or university) transcripts, you must request a detailed course-by-course evaluation report.
Do not send your transcripts to Lewis University. All transcripts must come directly from the evaluation companies. Please allow 2 – 3 weeks for your evaluation to be completed. You may request a report from any of the following evaluation companies. Or any credential evaluation service that is a member of NACES.
* Exemption / Waiver of evaluation requirement - A transcript evaluation may not be required if your previous school was located in the United States. If you graduated from an American high school or attended an American college/university, then send your official transcripts directly to Lewis University. Additional exemptions are if your foreign school has International Baccalaureate curriculum, or accreditation from a regional or national US accrediting institution.
English Language Level Score
- Only one score is required:
IELTS scores can be submitted by email. TOEFL scores must be submitted directly from your ETS account (Lewis University code 1404). ELS 112 Certificates must be emailed from your ELS Center.
* Exemption / Waiver of English requirement – If you attended school in a country where English is the official spoken language, then the English requirement may not be required. List of exempt countries: List of countries exempt from English requirement. Please email for confirmation.
* Additional Note: Lewis University reserves the rights to test the English writing skills of all incoming undergraduate/graduate students and to place students in courses which will help them improve in specific areas.
Graduate Applicants Only: Additional Requirements
Please see the full list of additional requirements for specific graduate programs.
- Statement of Purpose – A personal statement about your goals and reasons for choosing this program at Lewis University. Should be double spaced, and 2-3 pages in length.
- Letter of Recommendation – two letters from previous professors or professional colleagues. Must include the recommender’s original signature, full name, title, and contact information.
- Resume or C.V – updated with your most recent educational and professional credentials.
Specific Programs Only: Additional Requirements
- SAT or ACT scores – only required if you plan to participate in intercollegiate athletics (NCAA Division I & II, playing for Lewis University teams). Also required if you plan to study Bachelor’s (undergraduate) programs in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Environmental Science.
Documents Required After Admission
After you have successfully completed your application and submitted the required documents, your application will be reviewed and considered for admission. Once you have been accepted to Lewis University, there are still additional steps to take. These are not required as part of your application, but will be required after you have been accepted.
Financial Documents Required for I-20 Form
The U.S. Immigration Services requires all international students show proof of financial balance for your first academic year (tuition + fees + room + board + health insurance), even if you will not use all these services.
Tuition costs can be found here. Financial amount required for the I-20 form can be found here.
Please keep us updated on the documents you send to Lewis, so we can confirm delivery. Once we receive all the documents above, we will consider you for admission to Lewis University! If you have any questions, please contact:
Lewis University Admission Office
1 University Parkway, Unit 297
Romeoville, IL 60446-2200
United States of America