- Visit the Campus
One of the best ways to become familiar with Lewis University is to visit the beautiful campus.
- Individual Visits: Students and parents who want more of a one-on-one visitation can meet with one of Lewis University’s admission counselors to learn more about academic programs, student life, and the admission process. Tours are available Monday through Friday at 9am, 11am, and 2pm. Students and parents may schedule an individual visit by calling the Office of Admission at (815) 836-5250 or by registering online at Individual Visits.
- Virtual Tours: Students who are unable to visit the campus before beginning classes can take an online guided tour from the comfort of their home. Student guides lead you through the places they live and learn, including dorm rooms, classrooms, the campus library, dining areas, recreation facilities, and the Chapel. To get started, visit www.lewisu.edu/vtour.
For other opportunities to see the Lewis University campus in person before attending classes, see Campus Visits
- Declare Your Intent to Enroll
To ensure your place in the incoming freshman class, declare your intent to enroll.
- Login to the myLewis portal, click on the Admitted Student tab and click on the payment link to submit your $100 tuition deposit. The tuition deposit is fully refundable until May 1.
- Secure Your Spot in Campus Housing
If you plan to live on campus, go to the myLewis portal and submit the online housing application with an additional deposit of $100. Housing assignments are issued on a “first come, first served” basis. The housing deposit is fully refundable until May 1.
- Attend a SOAR Program Session
The Student Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR) program will get you started with your academic career at Lewis University. At the SOAR program session, you will:
- Become acquainted with the campus
- Learn about various student support services
- Receive academic advising
- Register for classes
Participation in SOAR is mandatory for all incoming international students. Your admission counselor will inform you of the date and time of your SOAR session
- Send Your Final High School Transcript
Lewis University is excited to have you as a new student, but high school graduation and grades still need to be verified once you enroll.
- If you have studied in the United States before, please make arrangements to have your official final high school transcript (which includes graduation date) mailed once your final grades are posted, to the following address:
Office of Admission
One University Parkway
Romeoville, IL 60446
- If you have studied out of the United States before, please send your final high school transcript (which includes graduation date) to the Transcript Evaluation company of your choice (e.g. One Earth Evaluations, Educational Perspectives, ECE, or WES) and ask them for an updated evaluation of your final grades. You must tell the company to send the evaluation to Lewis University.
- Students will be prevented from registering for future terms until the final transcript is received.
- If a decline in grades occurs after acceptance, Lewis University reserves the right to rescind the admission offer.
To avoid having registration blocked and being charged a $50 late fee, students must submit records before the following deadlines:
- Submit Your Immunization Records
All students are required to submit immunization history and medical history forms. International students are required to submit the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Test Forms
- Download and/or print the Immunization/Medical Records Packet to be completed by you and your physician.
- Complete the form and return to the following address via mail, fax, or email:
The Center for Health and Counseling Services
One University Parkway, Unit #273
Romeoville, IL 60446
Fax: (815) 836-5047
- Summer and Fall classes: before the first week of October
- Spring classes: before the first week of March
You are strongly encouraged to submit your immunization and medical records prior to starting classes – the sooner the better. Students and parents can contact the Health Center with any other questions at (815) 836-5047, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Still have questions?
- Prepare for Class
You can find the dates for the first day of classes, finals, and everything in between on the Lewis Academic Calendar.
If you need clarification or have any questions about these items, please contact your Admission Counselor at (815) 836-5250 or at email@example.com