- Apply for Financial Aid
If you wish to receive Federal Student Aid, please complete a FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our school code is 001707. For educators working in faith-based institutions, special discounts may apply. Please contact the Financial Aid Office directly at (815) 836-5263 or via email at email@example.com. Additionally, certain academic programs have scholarships available for which you may be eligible.
- Access Your Financial Aid Award
Use the myLewis portal for review of all financial aid documents and awards. In order to receive your Federal loan and/or Federal work study you must accept those awards in your myLewis portal. NOTE: You should have received a letter from the Office of Graduate Admission with your username and password.
- Type myLewis.lewisu.edu into your browser.
- Enter Username and Password to view Financial Aid Awards
- Username – On letter sent from the Office of Admission
- Password – L-8 digits from Lewis ID listed on the login instructions from the Office of Admission.
- Select Financial Aid Status
- Review All Tabs
- General Information – Review messages from the Office of Financial Aid Services
- Select Award for Aid Year – Click on each tab to review your Financial Aid Status
- Award Overview – Summary of Financial Aid Award Letter
- Terms and Conditions – Read through the terms and conditions and at the bottom of the page check the box that you have read the terms and conditions in order to continue to accept the award offer.
- Accept Award Offer – Accept, partial accept, or decline the Federal Direct Loan and Federal work study if awarded. NOTE: If you want to change your federal loan amount, you will only be able to reduce the amount offered.
- Send Your Final Transcripts
Official transcripts from each institution attended are required. If you’ve completed coursework at more than one university, you will need to send in transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Make arrangements to have your official transcript(s) mailed to Lewis University. If you are just completing your bachelor’s degree, mail them once your final grades are posted and include your graduation date. Below is the address for mailing:
Office of Graduate Admission
One University Parkway
Romeoville, IL 60446
- Students will be prevented from registering until the final transcripts are received.
- Register for Classes
Please be sure to consult your advisor for registration and curriculum information before you register. You will self-register on the myLEWIS Portal using a PIN that will be provided to you. Courses available to you can be found in the current Lewis University schedule along with registration instructions.
- Set Up/Pay Tuition
Billing for tuition and fees is generated as soon as you register for class. Tuition is due prior to the beginning of each new semester, unless you have employer reimbursement.
- The Financial Responsibility Agreement (submitted once only) should be received by Pam Maciulewicz, Lewis University Bursar, prior to beginning classes.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE THE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AGREEMENT.
- Forms are available on the Bursar webpage. Please contact the University Bursar’s office directly at (815) 836-5283 for assistance with all billing matters.
- Get Your Parking Pass and Student ID
Please contact the Romeoville Campus Security Office at (815) 836-5222 to receive a parking pass and student photo ID.
- Student ID cards are not required for students enrolled at regional campuses.
- Regional campus students have access to most locations beginning at 4pm, Monday - Thursday. See your Regional Campus Director for specific details regarding parking, building access, and the usage of computers and other facilities.
To avoid having registration blocked and being charged a $50 late fee, students must submit records before the following deadlines:
- Submit Your Immunization Records
All students enrolled in six or more credit hours (two or more classes per semester) at the Romeoville campus must provide evidence of current immunizations to the Center for Health and Counseling Services.
- Summer and Fall classes: before the first week of October
- Spring classes: before the first week of March
You are strongly encouraged to submit your immunization and medical records prior to starting classes – the sooner the better. More details about immunization requirements can be found on the Immunization Requirements
. Students and parents can contact the Health Center with any other questions at (815) 836-5047, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Still have questions?
- Prepare for Class
You can find the dates for the first day of classes, finals, and everything in between on the Lewis Academic Calendar. Graduate students are strongly encouraged to prepare for their first day of classes by accessing the course syllabi on Blackboard.
If you need clarification or have any questions about these items, please contact your Admission Counselor at (815) 836-5610 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you need assistance with the myLewis portal please contact your advisor. For all other portal errors contact the IT department (815) 836-5950.