- Apply for Financial Aid
If you wish to receive Federal Student Aid, please complete a FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our school code is 001707. Please contact the Financial Aid Office directly at (815) 836-5263 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, certain academic programs have scholarships available for which you may be eligible.
- Access Your Financial Aid Award
Use the myLewis portal for review of all financial aid documents and awards. In order to receive your Federal loan and/or Federal work study you must accept those awards in your myLewis portal. NOTE: You should have received a letter from the Office of Admission with your username and password.
- Type myLewis.lewisu.edu into your browser.
- Enter Username and Password to view Financial Aid Awards
- Username – On letter sent from the Office of Admission
- Password – L-8 digits from Lewis ID listed on the login instructions from the Office of Admission.
- Select Financial Aid Status
- Review All Tabs
- General Information – Review messages from the Office of Financial Aid Services
- Select Award for Aid Year – Click on each tab to review your Financial Aid Status
- Award Overview – Summary of Financial Aid Award Letter
- Terms and Conditions – Read through the terms and conditions and at the bottom of the page check the box that you have read the terms and conditions in order to continue to accept the award offer.
- Accept Award Offer – Accept, partial accept, or decline the Federal Direct Loan and Federal work study if awarded. NOTE: If you want to change your federal loan amount, you will only be able to reduce the amount offered.
- Meet with Your Academic Advisor
One of the best ways to become familiar with Lewis University is to visit the beautiful campus and speak to your academic advisor.
- Adult Undergraduate Sessions: Incoming adult students can schedule an appointment with an admission counselor to discuss options to enroll, review transcripts, go over credit transfer, and examine prior learning experience. Students can schedule an appointment by calling the Office of Admission at (815) 836-5250 or sending an email to email@example.com.
- Academic Advising through SPCE: The School for Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE) assigns all newly enrolled adult students an academic advisor. The assigned staff member will provide information and guidance regarding degree plans, course schedules, registration processes, student support services, academic policies and procedures, and more. Students are encouraged to contact the SPCE by phone at (815) 836-5570 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more information. .
For other opportunities to see the Lewis University campus in person before attending classes, see Campus Visits
- Send Your Final Transcripts
Lewis University is excited to have you as a new adult undergraduate student, but classes you took or are still taking at another institution need to be verified once you enroll. If you’ve completed coursework at more than one university, you will need to send in transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Make arrangements to have your official transcript (which includes graduation date) mailed once your final grades are posted, to the following address:
Office of Admission
One University Parkway
Romeoville, IL 60446
- Students will be prevented from registering for future terms until the final transcript is received.
To avoid having registration blocked and being charged a $50 late fee, students must submit records before the following deadlines:
- Submit Your Immunization Records
All students enrolled in six or more credit hours (two or more classes per semester) at the Romeoville campus must provide evidence of current immunizations to the Center for Health and Counseling Services.
- Summer and Fall classes: before the first week of October
- Spring classes: before the first week of March
You are strongly encouraged to submit your immunization and medical records prior to starting classes – the sooner the better. More details about immunization requirements can be found on the Health Related Immunization Requirements Letter
. Students and parents can contact the Health Center with any other questions at (815) 836-5047, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Set Up/Pay Tuition
Billing for tuition and fees is generated as soon as you register for class. Tuition is due prior to the beginning of each new semester, unless you have employer reimbursement.
- The Financial Responsibility Agreement (submitted once only) should be received by Pam Maciulewicz, Lewis University Bursar, prior to beginning classes.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE THE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AGREEMENT.
- Forms are available on the Bursar webpage. Please contact the University Bursar’s office directly at (815) 836-5283 for assistance with all billing matters.
Still have questions?
- Prepare for Class
You can find the dates for the first day of classes, finals, and everything in between on the Lewis Academic Calendar. Adult students are strongly encouraged to prepare for their first day of classes by accessing the course syllabi on Blackboard.
If you need clarification or have any questions about these items, please contact your Admission Counselor at (815) 836-5250 or email@example.com
. If you need assistance with the myLewis portal please contact your advisor. For all other portal errors contact the IT department (815) 836-5950.