Get hands-on experience with the tools and technologies required to protect an organizationís most valuable assets.
As cyber security threats continue to grow, so does the market demand for qualified individuals able to outsmart the hackers and safeguard an organizationís information.
Learn to Plan and Implement Information Security Strategies
Lewis' information security degree curriculum combines technical knowledge with managerial theory - providing students with a deep foundational understanding of information security, risk management, security management, IT operations, data communications, computer forensics and ethical hacking.
Hands-on and Cutting-Edge Curriculum
- Telecommunications & Network Security
- Security Management Practices
- IT Operations Security
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning
- IT Law, Investigations and Ethics
- Information Security Risk Management
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Computer Forensics and Data Discovery
- Ethical Hacking
Our In-depth curriculum includes coursework that helps enable students to prepare for prestigious industry certifications, including:
Why Lewis for Information Security and Risk Management?
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- AccessData Certified Forensics Examiner (ACE)
Adult Accelerated Learning Format
- Hands-on coursework provides practical experience with the most vital information security tools and technologies
- 24/7 online access to Lewisí CloudLab allows students to connect to our virtual machines and complete hands-on programming, hacking, forensics and database management assignments and coursework from anywhere in the world
- Ethical focus helps students consider the moral issues involved with information security
- Recognized by the Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Organization as a Center for Academic Excellence for Information Assurance education
- Internship program with prominent Chicago-area companies provides amazing real-world experience, academic credit and invaluable career opportunities
- Proven and well-established program now offered in accelerated and online formats
- Small class sizes and supportive educational community offers the perfect preparation for a successful career in Information Security and Risk Management
100% Online Option
- Adult-only classes mean learning with and from other working professionals just like you
- Convenient campus locations and accelerated course options in evening, weekend, online and blended formats
- Discounted tuition for adult learners
We also offer this degree program in a completely flexible online format to help you balance education and your personal life.
Life after Lewis
Our Information Security degree graduates go on to succeed in a variety of careers, including:
Information Security Scholarships
- Information Security Analyst
- IT Security Project Manager
- Information Technology Analyst
- Computer Forensics Investigator
- IT Assessment and Compliance Auditor
- Information Security Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Information Security Risk Analyst
- Cyber Crime Investigator
- Ethical Hacker
Information Security and Risk Management majors have access to scholarships that are available only to CAE universities from the Federal Government, Department of Defense (DoD), National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Community College Transfer Guides
See how your existing coursework transfers over. Contact us or learn more about our agreements with local community colleges, including:
College of DuPage
Joliet Junior College
Moraine Valley Community College
Waubonsee Community College
Earn Your Masterís in 18 Months or Less
Fast-Track Master's in Information Security Option
Plus, for those students looking to earn their master's in Information Security (MSIS), you can
fast-track your MSIS degree
and earn your master's in 18 months or less with only 26 additional credit hours (rather than the standard 35-41).
Fast-Track MBA Option
For those students looking to earn their MBA, you can fast-track your MBA degree
and earn your master's with 30 additional credit hours (rather than the standard 36-54) by planning your undergraduate program accordingly.
Start customizing your Information Security and Risk Management degree program curriculum today!