More than compassion, success as a nurse requires rigorous learning.
If you're committed to a career as a Registered Professional Nurse, Lewis University offers the perfect preparation for your future - with a challenging curriculum within the natural sciences and humanities, extensive experience with evidence-based practice, and information technology education as it relates to improving patient care.
Why Lewis for Your Nursing Degree?
There's a reason more students choose Lewis University's undergraduate nursing program than any other private school in Illinois.
- High school students can spend the day with senior nursing students as they do their critical care presentations at our Shadow Day
- Lewis nursing graduates recently achieved a 100% pass rate on the NCLEX-RN exam
- Small class sizes and one-on-one attention
- Caring faculty to help you develop skill sets in roles as caregiver, manager and leader
- Exposure to various clinical sites for valuable experience with diverse patient populations
- Unlike other schools, you receive direct admission as a nursing major at Lewis
- Develop a moral and ethical framework for effective decision making
- Learn how to adapt to the ever-evolving healthcare system
- Interactive video and computer aided-discussion
Life after Lewis
Upon successful completion of the nursing degree program, you will be awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), become eligible to apply for the NCLEX-RN national examination for licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, and be prepared for a challenging career as a:
- Critical care nurse
- Emergency room nurse
- Home care nurse
- Long-term care nurse
- Pediatric nurse
- And more!
Already have your license?
Consider our RN to BSN program
Already have your bachelor's degree?
Fast-track your degree with our BAC to BSN program
Applying to Lewis is easy. Start your online application right now.
Request More Info
Learn more about becoming a Freshman student at Lewis.