Acquire the skills and knowledge to solve real-world problems through the research and testing of chemical compositions.
Discover the opportunity to impact the world in extraordinary ways.
From cleaning up our water supply, to devising new window coatings that will protect airplane pilots from being blinded by lasers, to molding the minds of the next generation, an advanced degree in Chemistry will allow you to affect the world in inspired ways.
An Environment Designed for Learning
At Lewis University, you’ll develop proficiency in critical thinking and problem solving in Chemistry and related content through an interdisciplinary approach. You’ll do so working hand-in-hand with instructors who are experts in their fields with real-world connections, giving you practical experience. You will:
Why Choose Lewis?
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills required to solve problems in the synthesis, measurement and modeling of chemical systems
- Critically assess and integrate the reasoning process used in chemical science and communicate it effectively in written and spoken form
- Apply the knowledge and skills gained by study of specific chemical systems to understand and predict the chemistry of a broad range of complex systems of scientific and societal interest
- Employ critical thinking and the scientific method to design, carry out, record and analyze the results of experiments
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of appropriate instrumentation to collect and record data from experiments
- Research a specific scientific project to aid in your career focus
- Show an in-depth understanding and mastery of the literature in at least one chemistry subfield (analytical, biochemical, inorganic, organic or physical)
- Conduct activities in an ethical manner
- State-of-the-art laboratory equipment
- Faculty who have real-world experience and industry connections
- Small interactive classes provide the ideal environment to learn with and from your peers
- You can utilize work done for your employer for your research project
- Ranked as one of U.S. News & World Report's "Top Tier Colleges"
- Ranked 14 for Adult Students by Best Colleges.com
- Recently named #1 best private college value in Illinois by Great Value Colleges
Undergraduate Chemistry majors with appropriate coursework and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 with a 3.25 in Chemistry coursework are eligible to apply for the B.S./M.S. fast-track program, and potentially earn both degrees within 5 years.
Life After Lewis
Our graduates are able to bring their advanced knowledge to the following career options:
- Chemical Engineer
- Materials Scientist
- Environmental Scientist
For additional information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org