Chemical Physics, M.S.
Explore. Understand. Create.
Discover the enormous contributions you can make through your interest in science.
From chemistry to physics. From nanotechnology to materials, an advanced degree in Chemical Physics will give you the skills to effect the world in extraordinary ways.
An Environment to Expand Your Mind
At Lewis University, you’ll become proficient in critical thinking and problem solving through instruction in chemistry, physics, nanotechnology and materials – as well as opportunities for research in the areas of materials and nanotechnology - through an interdisciplinary approach. In order to give you the greatest possible advantage, our instructors will work hand-in-hand with you sharing practical, real-world experience. You will:
Why Choose Lewis?
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the fundamental scientific principles and apply acquired knowledge of physical and chemical properties
- Apply acquired knowledge to the development of new materials, new theories and effects and devices
- Present scientific data in research publications, articles, posters and oral presentations
- Conduct scholarly activities in an ethical manner
- State-of-the-art laboratory equipment
- Faculty who have real-world experience and industry connections
- Small interactive classes provide the ideal environment to learn with and from your peers
- You can utilize work done for your employer for your research project
- Ranked as one of U.S. News & World Report's "Top Tier Colleges"
- Ranked 14 for Adult Students by Best Colleges.com
- Recently named #1 best private college value in Illinois by Great Value Colleges
Exceptional undergraduates with majors in Chemical Physics, Physics and Chemistry and other students with appropriate coursework in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics are eligible to apply for the B.S./M.S. fast-track program. Applicants are required to have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 and a 3.25 GPA in their major. With proper planning, both degrees can potentially be earned within 5 years.
Life After Lewis
Our graduates are able to bring their advanced knowledge to the following career options:
- Chemical Engineer
- Materials Scientist
- Environmental Scientist
For additional information, e-mail email@example.com