Comprehensive and customized business administration education for future executives.
To become a future leader, you need the theoretical foundation and rich analytical skills necessary for critical thinking and executive decision making.
Lewis University's MBA degree program is designed to:
|| No matter what your undergraduate background, Lewis' MBA degree program is designed for individuals with the potential and motivation to excel. Our approach to management education includes a customized curriculum rich in both theory and practical application, led by expert faculty who bring formal study, research and executive experience to the classroom.
- Provide you with an understanding of the social, economic and political realities which impact the business environment
- Strengthen analytical skills in areas of accounting, finance, economics, marketing, information systems, and management
- Enhance interpersonal and communication skills for more effective relationships with staff, teams, peers, and customers
- Leverage dynamic classroom discussions with students from a diverse range of educational backgrounds, professional experiences, cultural upbringings and global perspectives
Plus, choose courses from the concentration
of your choice to customize your MBA for your specific career interests.
Convenient Learning Options
Lewis' MBA program is perfect for individuals looking to keep their professional and family requirements in proper balance
. Our MBA program offers five 8-week sessions per year (2 sessions in the fall semester, 2 sessions in the spring semester and 1 session in the summer). Classes meet once a week from 6-10 PM for convenience for the working adult. We offer rolling admission, so you can start at any time. Our courses are offered on-campus at our Romeoville, Oak Brook, Tinley Park and Shorewood locations, as well as blended and online classes.
Due to the accelerated 8-week course schedule, it is critical that students attend all class meetings. Students should also expect two to three hours of homework for every class hour. For students who are employed full time, we recommend enrolling in no more than one course each 8-week session, for a total of six credit hours per semester.
Course Waiver Calculator
The MBA program consists of seven (7) foundation courses that provide preparation for the managerial-level core courses. Students may be waived from the foundation courses based on previous undergraduate business coursework.
To determine which foundation courses you may be waived from, please select the classes you completed during your undergraduate program with a grade of B- or better.
Note: GMAT and GRE test scores are not required for admission into our MBA program.
Proficiency Examination Waiver
Students with strong backgrounds in the subject matter of a foundational course, but who do not meet the academic waiver guidelines may attempt a proficiency examination wavier within their first semester of study. One attempt is allowed per course. A student who earns a "B-" or higher on a proficiency examination is allowed to waive the course.
Learn more about our Strategic Management MBA Capstone course.
or fax your transcript to our Director of Admissions at 815-838-3330 to determine what foundation courses might be waived based on your previous undergraduate business coursework.
MBA Dual Degree Options:
- Registered nurses interested in obtaining an MBA as well as an MSN (Master of Science in Nursing) have the opportunity to pursue a joint degree at Lewis in significantly less time than would be required to complete two degrees separately.
Or for those students who do not yet have an undergraduate degree, learn more about our MBA Fast Track option.
Have any questions? Please contact our Director of Admissions, Michele Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 836-5384.