Discover new rewards teaching young adolescents.
Make a difference in a highly needed role in the education field.
Through small class sizes led by faculty who bring their real-world experience to the classroom, you’ll receive the in-depth training and instruction to make a difference in the lives of students at the junior high or middle school level.
Instruction at the Head of its Class
More personalized instruction from professors dedicated to helping you succeed through a program designed to help you balance work, family and education. That’s what you’ll find as a student in Lewis University’s Master of Arts in Middle Level Education. We’ll provide you with the opportunity to connect theory with practice through required activities and assignments, as well as apply course concepts in authentic environments. This will be accomplished by observation and participation in a wide-range of in-classroom teaching experiences designed to help you develop the skills and confidence to be an effective teacher. The end result: You’ll have the skills needed to meet the standards for licensure to teach grades 5-8 in the areas of Language Arts, Mathematics, Science or Social Studies, and make an impact in the education of young adolescents. You’ll enjoy:
- Innovative coursework that emphasizes meeting the needs of today’s diverse classrooms and discussing the benefits and challenges of several different approaches to teaching and learning
- Actual teaching practice by observing classrooms and interacting with students thanks to Lewis’ connectedness to regional school districts
- Strong reputation for providing quality graduates to regional school districts
- Small class sizes led by faculty and staff who are committed to helping you balance work, family and education
- Use of the latest technologies, such as smartboards, iPads, environmental and physiological data collection probes, TI-84 and TI-Nspire graphing calculators and more
Unique field placements built into the program provide hands-on experience and exposure to various settings, students, cultures and learning styles.
Why Choose Lewis?
Life After Lewis
- All programs are fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the premier accrediting agency for colleges of education
- Recognized as a Regional Top 25 University by U.S. News & World Report
- Named #1 best college value in Illinois by Great Value Colleges
- Social justice and multicultural curriculum based on the belief that all students are capable of learning and the importance of adapting instruction to serve all students
Our graduates are able to bring their advanced knowledge to the following career options:
- Work as a curriculum developer for a textbook publisher
- Junior High or Middle School Teacher
For additional information, contact the Office of Graduate Admission at (815) 836-5610 or firstname.lastname@example.org