Teach students the value of learning the Spanish language.
Gain a more advanced understanding of other cultures so you can provide students with a lucrative future in an increasingly more diverse society.
Our dedicated faculty will share their personal classroom experience in order to give you the in-depth training required to fully prepare students to work and interact with Spanish-speaking individuals.
An Environment that Speaks Your Language
At Lewis University, you’ll receive the unparalleled support and attention that has earned our graduates a strong reputation among the regional school districts. That’s because we offer small class sizes led by instructors who are dedicated to helping you balance work, family and education to obtain your licensure to teach Spanish in all school settings, as well as a Master of Arts degree. We’ll help you develop your Spanish-language proficiency (speaking, writing and reading), cultural and linguistic knowledge, and critical thinking so you can provide students with the best possible learning experience and open them to increased career opportunities later in life. As a student of the program, you’ll enjoy:
Spanish Language Specialization
- State-of-the-art program provides complete training to prepare you for licensure to teach Spanish, as well as a master’s degree
- Teaching practice by observing classrooms and interacting with students thanks to Lewis’ connectedness to regional school districts
- A welcoming community filled with people dedicated to helping you balance work, family and education
- Use of the latest technologies, such as Blackboard, iPads, Smartboards, and advanced web-based technologies.
Currently, we are offering this program in preparation for teaching Spanish.
Unique field placements built into the program provide hands-on experience and exposure to various students, cultures and learning styles.
Why Choose Lewis?
Study Abroad Opportunities
- All programs are fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the premier accrediting agency for colleges of education
- Recognized as a Regional Top 25 University by U.S. News & World Report
- Named #1 best college value in Illinois by Great Value Colleges
- Social justice and multicultural curriculum based on the belief that all students are capable of learning and the importance of adapting instruction to serve all students
We encourage our Foreign Language Education students to study abroad for a summer or semester, and work to make it affordable through relationships with our Lasallian partner schools around the globe. In fact, for the majority or our international opportunities, studying abroad costs about the same as the cost of living on campus during the semester.
Life After Lewis
Our graduates are able to bring their advanced knowledge to the following career options:
- Foreign Language Education Teacher with Spanish licensure
- Translator in the U.S. or Spanish-speaking countries
For additional information, contact the Office of Graduate Admission at (815) 836-5610 or email@example.com.