Interactive Media, B.A.
Learn to effectively tell stories from concept to completion across all digital mediums.
The next generation of media communications requires creative professionals who not only have strong communication skills, but exceptional web design and development skills as well. Designed for the ultimate career flexibility, your degree in Interactive Media will prepare you to meet the growing demand by media organizations for well-rounded creative professionals.
Today's communication specialists are required to understand how to use a variety of mediums, incorporating text, audio, video, illustration, photography and graphic design to communicate effectively on the Internet or in digital formats. Lewis’ supportive educational community and state-of-the-art media production equipment offers the perfect preparation for a successful career, through a curriculum balance of theory and hands-on practice in which you will:
Life after Lewis
- Learn to effectively communicate across all digital mediums
- Demonstrate strategic writing, video, photography and audio production skills
- Learn to strategically leverage social media platforms, tools and strategies
- Learn front-end web design and web application development
- Implement mobile app development
- Use graphic design skills to communicate points of visual interest
Upon graduation, you will be prepared to strategically help organizations through a wide range of media career options, including:
- Interactive Content Developer
- Multimedia Editor
- User Experience Designer
- Web Designer
Customize your Interactive Media degree with one of the following concentrations to match your specific career interests:
Media Web Design
Communications + Computer Graphic Design
This curriculum focuses on developing your graphic design skills to optimize the web and digital user experience.
Media Web Applications
Communications + Computer Science
This curriculum will prepare you to create media web applications in a variety of languages on both desktop and mobile platforms with a focus on creating applications for media organizations.
Why Lewis for Your Interactive Media Degree?
- New program designed to match current market demand for the well-rounded creative professional
- From your first day at Lewis, you will receive hands-on instruction using state-of-the-art production equipment, including digital TV news sets
- Get involved with our award-winning student organizations, including our student newspaper, The Flyer, WLRA all-digital radio station and the Lewis University Television Network
- Take advantage of amazing internship opportunities in Chicago and across the nation, including with CBS, NBC and MTV
Web design positions are expected to increase 13% through 2020 according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Chicago is quickly becoming a hotbed for technology and digital start-ups with area IT firms anticipating needing to fill 24,000 new IT jobs over the next decade.