Forensic Criminal Investigation, B.A.
The demand for in-field crime scene investigators is growing strongly within the world of law enforcement.
While shows like CSI have partially glamorized and dramatized the role of the Forensic Criminal Investigator, that doesn't mean it's not one of the most exciting careers out there. Unlike programs structured to train students to become laboratory forensic scientists, this challenging degree program prepares students to work as a law enforcement officer and function as an in-field crime scene investigator who collects, secures and preserves the physical evidence at crime scenes so critical to ensuring justice is served.
Note: For those students who are interested in studying forensic science as preparation for a career as a laboratory professional, Lewis' Chemistry program with a concentration in forensic science
may be a better option.
Start customizing your Forensic Criminal Investigation program curriculum today!
- Experienced faculty with real-world understanding and connections
- Evolving curriculum provides you with ultra-practical and career-focused knowledge
- Small class sizes facilitate group interaction and a dynamic learning environment
- Faculty and staff relationships with local, state and federal agencies help find productive and interesting internship positions
- Interdisciplinary approach combines courses from both criminal/social justice and the natural sciences
- Broad and comprehensive training in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Computer Software, Anatomy, Physiology, Criminology and crime-solving